Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay-Bolt-Merritt-Johnson-Carter Over 300m: Who Wins?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt is damn good, but has not shown to get better in the latter stages of his 200m races, he looses steam. No way would I give him any edge over MJ, there is nothing that would support that thought. Not in an event over 200m's and he would not be the heavy fav in the 200m event itself. Not with only a .02 advantage.

100m's & 150m's, I'd give the nod to Bolt, easily, but anything after 150 would be hard for me to easily give without seeing more of Bolt running the 400m's and showing better speed maintenance in the latter part of his 200m races.

He doesn't need to worry about that with most of todays comp outside of Gay, but comparing him and MJ is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
      If you would read it says IMO
      I clearly saw that, but I'm asking if you have anything else besides your opinion.............obviously you don't.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why some folks think that the man with the fastest time in the history of the event would lose. What am I missing?
        Regards,
        toyracer

Comment

The same way folks have already given Bolt 42x in the 400m's for a runner who hasn't broken 45.00.

Fantasy match races aren't going to always have/yield the same result. I think most have give n Bolt his edge of .02, but the superior talk in a bit much.

Comment

Fantasy races are so fun. Again I emphasize fantasy.

Comment

It seems to me that a Bolt/Tommie Smith comparison is a good one to make from a different perspective. My sense is that TS did retired early, like most T&F stars of that era, so we are not sure what he could have done with a few more years under his spikes (and more fast tracks, as well).

With Bolt, we do not know how close to his peak he is because he is very young but was world-class very young and likely is maturing earlier than the average sprinter.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                I'm still trying to figure out why some folks think that the man with the fastest time in the history of the event would lose. What am I missing?
                We're in the same boat......Raise the sails
                Afrikan

Comment

Working...
                X