Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, and that means that the number of people--true field-event fans--who tune in here is minuscule.

Comment

Earlier today when I checked, you were getting 32+ posts per topic. What have been the higher averages for a similar number of topics posted during the NCAA champs?

Comment

has nothing to do w/ posts; has to do with how many different people are signing on to view the proceedings; extra traffic from the blabbermouths isn't the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          extra traffic from the blabbermouths isn't the issue.
          Thanks.

Keep up that attitude and you won't have the "blabbermouths" either.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
            Probably happening already. Even marlow does not post as much. What ever happened to MJD, i assume he found greener pastures after being banned?

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              Thank you guys for the exceptional coverage ... up-to-minute team scores, immediate results, great headlines, packed information.
              Agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                Probably happening already. Even marlow does not post as much. What ever happened to MJD, i assume he found greener pastures after being banned?
                It's amazing sometimes the attitude towards the regulars around here.

It's no coincidence my subscription expired a few years ago after I was ridiculed, by a certain editor, for my innocent question regarding why the USATF championships/Olympic trials wasn't in the midwest more.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  extra traffic from the blabbermouths isn't the issue.
                  Thanks.

the head blabbermouth is none other than me.... duh!

Comment

I doubt I'm unique in this, but I found it 'relatively' easy to multi-task by keeping 5-6 tabs open, bouncing from live feed, to tfn message board, to running scores update, and even another board or so ... throughout. Maybe that diminished my posting but I'm not a huge poster anyway sans 5 and 10k. Tfn, as always did a great job in my estimation and hope this format continues.

Comment

Originally posted by no one
                      Maybe that diminished my posting but I'm not a huge poster anyway
                      I might be wrong but my impression is that gh is counting the traffic not the posts.

Is there less traffic to the site overall? Or just the NCAA forum?

Comment

There used to be huge bumps to the overall visitation numbers to the Board when the NCAA meet was on. Last year, no, and this year no, even though everyday visitation to the Board has gone up markedly in the last few months.

The advent of (good) live streaming--plus couple of days of live TV (whether you like it or not) have had an impact. But since the overall effect on the sport is a positive one, we're not complaining.

Comment

So I'm assuming (don't know) that there is a $ expenditure and/or more man hours ... to have a separate NCAA section - ? No free lunch?

Comment

Part of the problem with this board is that controversial personalities, which may be a euphemism for assholes at times, are so discouraged from manifesting said personalities, that ennui envelops the environment to the point that tedium is the rule at times. I'm not sure there is any way to circumvent this as it may be the lesser of two evils, but it nonetheless is palpable. As far as the regulars, it appears that familiarity does breed a certain contempt, and that the moderator may feel confortable in expressing his possibly inevitable disdain for voices which he may find tiresome and perhaps he extrapolates that he is not alone in this sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Yes, and that means that the number of people--true field-event fans--who tune in here is minuscule.
                              Yes, but it's all QUALITY! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                                has nothing to do w/ posts; has to do with how many different people are signing on to view the proceedings; extra traffic from the blabbermouths isn't the issue.
                                By signing on, is this a count of how many screen names are logged in to view the forum, or the total number of viewers? How many guests stopped by each day versus in the past three seasons in question?

Comment

Working...
                                X