Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbits at Pre.

Besides the awful uniforms...

What is with all of the rabbits at Pre? I like a good rabbit as much as anyone,when the race is a WR attempt and it is obvious who the star is and who is not.

However, with the ridiculous situation at the Pre meet it is confusing when there are 2 or more rabbits in an ordinary race. You can't tell who is winning until the last 100 meters.

Re: Rabbits at Pre.

Originally posted by Conor Dary
    You can't tell who is winning until the last 100 meters.
    The mens 800 had a rabbit far ahead. I wondered if he was going to attempt a Tom Byers at one point. Is this a case of the organizers providing rabbits even if the athletes have no intention of tracking them?

Comment

Even as a rabid bunniphile, I have to admit that the multi-layered rabbiting is getting in the way of the actual race. There should be ONE rabbit, and s/he should be a special kit (all-white?) to distinguish him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        There should be ONE rabbit, and s/he should be a special kit (all-white?) to distinguish him/her.
        How about bunny ears? Would that be distinctive enough?
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
          There should be ONE rabbit, and s/he should be a special kit (all-white?) to distinguish him/her.
          LOL
          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
            For the males (at least), a Playboy Bunny costume would certainly be dstinctive.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              The mens 800 had a rabbit far ahead. I wondered if he was going to attempt a Tom Byers at one point.
              I was thinking the same thing; they guy does have legitimate 800 credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                The mens 800 had a rabbit far ahead. I wondered if he was going to attempt a Tom Byers at one point.
                Well actually Scherer is still getting adjusted to competing and establishing himself as a viable competitior in the 800m, seeing he competed more as a 400m runner.
                on the road

Comment

That may be true, but he's still run some decent 800m races. It's not like some miles that have had as rabbits 800m guys who've never competed at a mile or 1500 in their lives.

Comment

Even as a rabid bunniphile, I have to admit that the multi-layered rabbiting is getting in the way of the actual race. There should be ONE rabbit, and s/he should be a special kit (all-white?) to distinguish him/her.
                    I have to agree here. If it's a flat-out record attempt, I don't care if there are 12 rabbits. But with normal events (and everything in this meet was completely normal), a whole gaggle of rabbits seems a bit much.

Comment

The only benefit of having rabbits, in a big field, is it spread things out real fast, and lots of bumping is avoided.
                      Think Manzano may have really suffered from the rabbitting. Believe this is his first race situation where it went out so fast. Noticed he was running wide early and jockeying around, and died later.

Comment

And I was really hoping he continued on, just to see what would happen. He had a commanding lead at 600 and looked strong.

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                          Originally posted by "Conor Dary":3i2elr6x
                          And I was really hoping he continued on, just to see what would happen. He had a commanding lead at 600 and looked strong.[/quote:3i2elr6x]

Personally, when I was in shape it was relatively easy to run marathon race pace for 20 miles. I suspect that 600m of a 800 are similar in net effect even if the particulars differ (both the 800 and the marathon stress particular energy pathways and at 3/4ths the distance the critical juncture has not been reached. Jelimo looked pretty good until about the same point where Scherer cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                            Jelimo looked pretty good until about the same point where Scherer cut out.
                            Understood - he could have been totally maxed to get to the 600 at that speed with that lead. Still would have like to have seen him finish.

And Jelimo, well, wow. Talk about a turnaround in the wrong direction. I know it was beat to death in another thread. Hope she works it out.

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                              Originally posted by "Conor Dary":1rzpdrg2
                              And I was really hoping he continued on, just to see what would happen. He had a commanding lead at 600 and looked strong.[/quote:1rzpdrg2]

Is there any rules for these rabbits? Do they have to sign an agreement that they will step off. You have got to believe that rabbit might have had a chance to at least get it to 700 and then who knows?

Comment

Working...
                              X