Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶w4 x 100: Texas A&M 42.36 Collegiate Record (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    haven't had time to check this out, but one story on press row was that four different coaches protested an out-of-zone pass by A&M woman in the heat, but that since the judge hadn't raised the flag, no protest was allowed.
    I'm told that the judge responsible for the call was talking on a cell phone or radio at the time and wasn't looking at the race. If that's true, I'm sure Vince Lananna will make sure that this official isn't in Eugene next year. Gotta feel sorry for the Oregon women.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      Originally posted by gm
      Originally posted by gh
      You mean the people who brought you the out-of-zone exchange in the men's race? :-)
      And, from many reports, in the women's prelims...
      Yeah, but it would be difficult to run it conservatively and set a record.
      Exactly! Having followed LSU for many years, and recently Texas A&M, I can tell you that the vast majority of the time that 4x100 teams coached by Henry or Shaver have problems, it's due to passing out of the zone, in which the incoming runner is unable to reach the outgoing runner before the end of the zone, and not many dropped batons. I can remember back about seven or eight years ago, LSU's men were out of the zone for five or six meets in a row, but by the time nationals rolled around, they were clicking and walked away with the national title with the fourth fastest time in NCAA history with not one runner capable of running sub-10.3.
      Is that the year they won BOTH relays the 4x1 and the 4x4 using the SAME 4 people none of which were pure sprinters?

Has that ever been done before or since...winning both relays with the same 4 people?

A 400h, a triple jumper, 400m runner, and long jumper I believe!?!

(Kelly Willie, Bennie Brazell, ?, ?)

Yes, he has talent on his squads but...

Pat Henry is amazing.

Off the hook as a coach.

People give Shavers credit which he deserves some but...I'm just saying.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by gm
        Originally posted by gh
        You mean the people who brought you the out-of-zone exchange in the men's race? :-)
        And, from many reports, in the women's prelims...
        Yeah, but it would be difficult to run it conservatively and set a record.
        Exactly! Having followed LSU for many years, and recently Texas A&M, I can tell you that the vast majority of the time that 4x100 teams coached by Henry or Shaver have problems, it's due to passing out of the zone, in which the incoming runner is unable to reach the outgoing runner before the end of the zone, and not many dropped batons. I can remember back about seven or eight years ago, LSU's men were out of the zone for five or six meets in a row, but by the time nationals rolled around, they were clicking and walked away with the national title with the fourth fastest time in NCAA history with not one runner capable of running sub-10.3.
        Is that the year they won BOTH relays the 4x1 and the 4x4 using the SAME 4 people none of which were pure sprinters?

Has that ever been done before or since...winning both relays with the same 4 people?

Yes, he has talent on his squads but...

Pat Henry is amazing.

Off the hook as a coach.

People give Shavers credit which he deserves some but...I'm just saying.
        FWIW, Shaver had responsibility over the women's sprints/hurldes/relays side of the house, and Henry coached the men's team, sprinters and relays. This is why he's brought up. Shaver has earned his due. Henry has always been phenomenal....taking PV'er and jumpers along with sprinters and making them capable of winning NCAA titles! They both have done fine jobs!

FYI, Cabral to Kristina Davis was not the original 4x1 order as the original memeber, Cassandra Tate, was injured during the 4x1 prelims and thus not able to compete in the 4x1 final, 200m trials or 4x4 prelims/finals.

Still they would have been no match for A&M. To think A&M will be even better next yr as they add a piece to that puzzle with Tarmoah who is quite possibly, their best sprinter.

Comment

Tamroah, better than Gabby and Porsha???? I have a hard time believing that.

Comment

knite I certainly agree that Dennis Shavers is a great coach. No argument here on that.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
              FYI, Cabral to Kristina Davis was not the original 4x1 order as the original memeber, Cassandra Tate, was injured during the 4x1 prelims and thus not able to compete in the 4x1 final, 200m trials or 4x4 prelims/finals.
              Actually, it was Cabral to Henry on the first exchange. Davis was supposed to run the third leg.

Comment

No, you're talking about 2003, but I was talking about 2002. In 2003, they swept the relays with Willie to Parham to Coley to Brazell on the 4x100 and Parham to Coley to Brazell to Willie on the 4x400. Only two schools USC (1977) and UCLA (1966) have ever swept the men's relays, but LSU is the only school to ever do it with the same four athletes.

Comment

No, you're talking about 2003, but I was talking about 2002. In 2003, they swept the relays with Willie to Parham to Coley to Brazell on the 4x100 and Parham to Coley to Brazell to Willie on the 4x400. Only two schools USC (1977) and UCLA (1966) have ever swept the men's relays, but LSU is the only school to ever do it with the same four athletes.
                  Okay, you're right. thanks jc.

Comment

Ofcourse LSU has done it multiple times on the mens side.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                      Well according to THEIR COACH...they believe she is!!

A&M got a class coming in thats gonna keep that title in aggieland for a minute!!!

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011

A&M got a class coming in thats gonna keep that title in aggieland for a minute!!!
                        Something tells me that the Ducks won't be denied on their home turf next year.

Comment

Is Jordan Hasay going to run 3 events or something? A&M will undoubtedly be stronger as well. Not just the 1 event either. They are jsut so loaded that its ridiculous. Keep in mind that they didn't have a perfect meet, they lost out on a team in the 4x4 (which for them since getting Pat Henry/Anderson) is not heard of.
                          But I do think the team battle will be another good one with both additions next yr.

However, I believe JB was speaking of the 4x1 record specifically. I can honestly see A&M running 42.0 next yr :shock:

There was a reason that Henry stated that next yr the are going to be ready to do something even more special w/regards to the 4x1 record!

Tarmoah is VERY good guru, trust me, Lucas is getting better at the flat sprint, but is no Tarmoah, and Gabby is, what has been quite a pleasant surprise, a very fine hurdler!

LSU lost out on setting that record last yr in '08 with Broaddus' injury at NC's, but even if they had set it last yr, no telling if that mark would have withstood the 42.36 that A&M just set!

Comment

Originally posted by knite

Is Jordan Hasay going to run 3 events or something? A&M will undoubtedly be stronger as well. Not just the 1 event either. They are jsut so loaded that its ridiculous. Keep in mind that they didn't have a perfect meet, they lost out on a team in the 4x4 (which for them since getting Pat Henry/Anderson) is not heard of.
                            But I do think the team battle will be another good one with both additions next yr.

However, I believe JB was speaking of the 4x1 record specifically. I can honestly see A&M running 42.0 next yr :shock:

There was a reason that Henry stated that next yr the are going to be ready to do something even more special w/regards to the 4x1 record!

Tarmoah is VERY good guru, trust me, Lucas is getting better at the flat sprint, but is no Tarmoah, and Gabby is, what has been quite a pleasant surprise, a very fine hurdler!

LSU lost out on setting that record last yr in '08 with Broaddus' injury at NC's, but even if they had set it last yr, no telling if that mark would have withstood the 42.36 that A&M just set!
                            But even if they run sub-42, they'll still only get ten points. As for the 4x400, it was no fluke that they didn''t score in that event. They came into the meet ranked 12th in the country and qualified 10th in the heats. And let's not forget, that LSU has no seniors either, nor do they have anyone expected to turn pro early, a la Nickeisha Wilson. Other than Hasay, I honestly don't know who's coming and who's leaving at Oregon, but I guarantee you that Phil Knight and Vince Lananna will leave no stone unturned when it comes to defending their turf next year.

Comment

But even if they run sub-42, they'll still only get ten points. As for the 4x400, it was no fluke that they didn''t score in that event. They came into the meet ranked 12th in the country and qualified 10th in the heats. And let's not forget, that LSU has no seniors either, nor do they have anyone expected to turn pro early, a la Nickeisha Wilson. Other than Hasay, I honestly don't know who's coming and who's leaving at Oregon, but I guarantee you that Phil Knight and Vince Lananna will leave no stone unturned when it comes to defending their turf next year.
                              I don't doubt Lananna, as he's probably tied with Pat Henry as the best recruiter's/program developers in this country who can sell their programs as well.

I was stating that THIS yr was unlike any other for them in the likes of not having a 4x4 team. Next yr I would doubt that to still be the case. They also add 2 formidable JUCO champs in ECC's Natasha Ruddock and Jumper Sasha-Kay Matthias. But again, as I stated earlier, it will be another fine battle, but one I doubt will sway easily either way. Oh and trust me, you don't have to inform me of what LSU has returning, but they still don't have a returning 42.36 4x1 team. (IF anyone wished they had one, it would be me!!) haha But they have had the unfortunate luck of having 2 ladies in successive years getting injured prior to the finals of the 4x1. Last yr it was Broaddus and this yr it was Tate. Not sure what the lineup would be next yr however, as one of them incoming girls are bound to have a very nice frosh yr!

Comment

Or is it Aggie assistant Vince Anderson, to whom Henry gave a lot of credit?

Comment

Working...
                                X