Originally posted by dal4018
    Looks like I may get my wish for a sub 2:00 800 final
    Uh...

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      Uh...
      I know EPelle but my wish almost came true for a sub 2:00 800 final.

Comment

rumors that there's a protest in place (no idea whom)

Comment

Florida State women after McShine got nicked early?

Comment

Uh...

I think the confusion is that you quoted the results (which clearly were not sub-2:00) saying that your wish for a sub 2:00 final might still come true.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler
              Uh...

I think the confusion is that you quoted the results (which clearly were not sub-2:00) saying that your wish for a sub 2:00 final might still come true.
              I thought that was the finals.

Comment

Finals
                1 Geena Gall SR Michigan 2:00.80 10
                2 Laura Hermanson SR North Dakota State 2:01.37 8
                3 LaTavia Thomas JR LSU 2:01.56 6
                4 Lacey Cramer FR Brigham Young 2:03.19 5
                5 Phoebe Wright JR Tennessee 2:03.57 4
                6 Brittany Hall SO LSU 2:04.06 3
                7 Dominique Jackson SO North Carolina 2:04.38 2
                8 Heather Dorniden SR Minnesota 2:04.44 1
                9 Pilar McShine JR Florida State 2:05.50

Comment

Did McShine trip on her own feet?

Comment

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
                    Did McShine trip on her own feet?
                    Anyone have a video of this race, its very unfortunate that the coverage didn't show anything but the final 60m's of this race or so :?

Excellent job by the top 3 ladies though!

Comment

Next year LSU has an opportunity to score MAJOR points in this event..........like 16 or so

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                        Next year LSU has an opportunity to score MAJOR points in this event..........like 16 or so
                        Depending on who else improves, but they will have depth! Adding a 2:05.8 girl into the fray and we also don't know the health of Devon Williams by next yr!

That collegiate 4x8 record will broke again. Tenn still has Wright and Price, and Mich add's a 2:04 with Jillian Smith(NJ). Though they lose hugely w/the graduation of Gall. I would suspect UNC can field a very good team as well.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                          Originally posted by guruof track
                          Depending on who else improves, but they will have depth! Adding a 2:05.8 girl into the fray and we also don't know the health of Devon Williams by next yr!

That collegiate 4x8 record will broke again. Tenn still has Wright and Price, and Mich add's a 2:04 with Jillian Smith(NJ). Though they lose hugely w/the graduation of Gall. I would suspect UNC can field a very good team as well.
                          I'm not going to get excited over Devon, I'm not exspecting her to be a major contributor..........but if she is its all good.

Keyann should be running 2:03s or better next year, Brittany can hopefully churn out some 2:02s and we ALL know what Latavia can do.

I'm optimistic about my Bayou Bengals!!!!!!

Comment

Not to mention Bowman is gone as well for Tenn.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                              Originally posted by knite
                              Originally posted by "guruof track":cocvm1o4

I'm not going to get excited over Devon, I'm not exspecting her to be a major contributor..........but if she is its all good.

Keyann should be running 2:03s or better next year, Brittany can hopefully churn out some 2:02s and we ALL know what Latavia can do.

I'm optimistic about my Bayou Bengals!!!!!![/quote:cocvm1o4]

Well the current crop has all run 2:03 or better. Remember Kayann ran 2:02 from her HS days, so she seems to be returning to form, was M.I.A. for a few yrs and then popped back up at LSU. I also don't think they are worrying about Devon, not while recruiting one of the top girls in the 800 this yr with Lipsey.

Comment

Gall looked great, fantastic, very impressive run.

Comment

Working...
                                X