Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Felnagle has only outdoor eligibility remaining. Coach Dennis Craddock says she's training very well, looking forward to next spring.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by bushop
    Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Next year LSU has an opportunity to score MAJOR points in this event..........like 16 or so
    Depending on who else improves, but they will have depth! Adding a 2:05.8 girl into the fray and we also don't know the health of Devon Williams by next yr!

That collegiate 4x8 record will broke again. Tenn still has Wright and Price, and Mich add's a 2:04 with Jillian Smith(NJ). Though they lose hugely w/the graduation of Gall. I would suspect UNC can field a very good team as well.
    U of Michigan is also bringing Becca Addison (Grand Haven) who went 2:05 in 2008 and 2:07 so far this season.

Her father, Ron Addison, was a steeplechaser at the University of Tennessee (8:22.8 in 1977) and her mother, Sue, ran middle-distance at Michigan State University (2:01.0/mile 4:37.0).
    Sounds great! So the battle could be on, don't 4get that Brie Felnagle redshirted this spring for UNC and will be back next spring (maybe for XC as well).

In addition, they have 2-3 ladies at 2:06 or better. Stanley, Pollinger and Jackson.

Leave a comment:

• NormZylstra
    replied
    Next year LSU has an opportunity to score MAJOR points in this event..........like 16 or so
    Depending on who else improves, but they will have depth! Adding a 2:05.8 girl into the fray and we also don't know the health of Devon Williams by next yr!

That collegiate 4x8 record will broke again. Tenn still has Wright and Price, and Mich add's a 2:04 with Jillian Smith(NJ). Though they lose hugely w/the graduation of Gall. I would suspect UNC can field a very good team as well.
    U of Michigan is also bringing Becca Addison (Grand Haven) who went 2:05 in 2008 and 2:07 so far this season.

Her father, Ron Addison, was a steeplechaser at the University of Tennessee (8:22.8 in 1977) and her mother, Sue, ran middle-distance at Michigan State University (2:01.0/mile 4:37.0).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by dal4018
    Originally posted by dupontred
    disappointed in Channelle Price.
    She'll be back next yr.
    Consensus among those I spoke with was that she was just so darned good at a young age that she never really learned how to race in high school (despite being in an open race or two).

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied
    Gall looked great, fantastic, very impressive run.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    [quote=guruof track]
    Originally posted by "guruof track":cocvm1o4

I'm not going to get excited over Devon, I'm not exspecting her to be a major contributor..........but if she is its all good.

Keyann should be running 2:03s or better next year, Brittany can hopefully churn out some 2:02s and we ALL know what Latavia can do.

I'm optimistic about my Bayou Bengals!!!!!![/quote:cocvm1o4]

Well the current crop has all run 2:03 or better. Remember Kayann ran 2:02 from her HS days, so she seems to be returning to form, was M.I.A. for a few yrs and then popped back up at LSU. I also don't think they are worrying about Devon, not while recruiting one of the top girls in the 800 this yr with Lipsey.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Not to mention Bowman is gone as well for Tenn.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

I'm not going to get excited over Devon, I'm not exspecting her to be a major contributor..........but if she is its all good.

Keyann should be running 2:03s or better next year, Brittany can hopefully churn out some 2:02s and we ALL know what Latavia can do.

I'm optimistic about my Bayou Bengals!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by NumberCruncher
    Did McShine trip on her own feet?
    Anyone have a video of this race, its very unfortunate that the coverage didn't show anything but the final 60m's of this race or so :?

Excellent job by the top 3 ladies though!

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied
    Did McShine trip on her own feet?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Finals
    1 Geena Gall SR Michigan 2:00.80 10
    2 Laura Hermanson SR North Dakota State 2:01.37 8
    3 LaTavia Thomas JR LSU 2:01.56 6
    4 Lacey Cramer FR Brigham Young 2:03.19 5
    5 Phoebe Wright JR Tennessee 2:03.57 4
    6 Brittany Hall SO LSU 2:04.06 3
    7 Dominique Jackson SO North Carolina 2:04.38 2
    8 Heather Dorniden SR Minnesota 2:04.44 1
    9 Pilar McShine JR Florida State 2:05.50

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by BisonHurdler
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Looks like I may get my wish for a sub 2:00 800 final
    Uh...
    I know EPelle but my wish almost came true for a sub 2:00 800 final.

I think the confusion is that you quoted the results (which clearly were not sub-2:00) saying that your wish for a sub 2:00 final might still come true.
    I thought that was the finals.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Looks like I may get my wish for a sub 2:00 800 final
    Uh...
    I know EPelle but my wish almost came true for a sub 2:00 800 final.

I think the confusion is that you quoted the results (which clearly were not sub-2:00) saying that your wish for a sub 2:00 final might still come true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X