3. LSU 41
    4. Arizona State 40
    =5. Florida State 37
    =5. Tennessee 37
    7. Texas 31
    8. Michigan 29
    9. Miami 27
    10. UTEP 23

Gotta love the tightness of this team race – it could go to darn near anybody!

Heck, even my Longhorns have an outside shot.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Horns lost points in the shot

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Horns lost points in the shot
        Yep; formchart points just dropped from 31 to 27, so I figure that's the end of my hopes, since they were just clinging to the edge of hope anyway.

Comment

Brookins and Layne's elimination in 100 semis slightly helps A&M: Moves Mayo up to 8th and gives the Aggies 1 more point.

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
            Brookins and Layne's elimination in 100 semis slightly helps A&M: Moves Mayo up to 8th and gives the Aggies 1 more point.
            Hows that, it says Brookins qualified, not Mayo.

Comment

Check my post under w100: The sheet was mismarked, it was 4+1 qualifying.

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

Ashley Muffett of Kentucky, favorite in the discus, just failed to make the finals. Assuming Annie Alexander and Sarah Stevens qualified (I wasn't watching that closely), that adds 2 points to Tennessee and 1 to Arizona State.

Comment

Whoops, scratch what I just said: Alexander did not qualify, so Tenn loses six rather than pick up two, and AzSt should pick up 4 with Stevens moving 4th to 2nd and Navarro moving into the formchart.

Comment

note that there are "live" updates on team scoring on the front page.... does NOT reflect a recasting of the choices after each round, just moves everybody up to fill in where people knocked out.

Comment

You know I never understood the team points thing. What type of team competition is that when a couple of athletes are going to give all the points to a team?

I am specifically referring to the AZ State team. This should not be called the Arizona State team but the Ms Sara Stevens team (Ms Stevens is amazing of course).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lefterisp
                          You know I never understood the team points thing. What type of team competition is that when a couple of athletes are going to give all the points to a team?

I am specifically referring to the AZ State team. This should not be called the Arizona State team but the Ms Sara Stevens team (Ms Stevens is amazing of course).

Cheers
                          Heck, that's nothing. In the Texas high school championships, a girl competing in the class 2A (small schools) division won the state team championship for her school single-handedly by scoring in 5 events.

Comment

I guess it may have been mentioned before but why not have 2 NCCA champs. One as it is now for the best college athletes and then for the teams that want to, a final team competition with full teams (like one athlete per event?)

Kind like the european championships and the european cup.

Comment

My current estimated projections of the women's race:

Oregon 51
                              Texas A&M 46
                              Arizona St. 46
                              LSU 42
                              Florida State 39

I'm pretty sure Tennessee is toast. Sorry, BillVol.

Comment

Working...
                              X