Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latest update of the T&FN chart is close to yours: Oregon 50, A&M 45

Comment

see hear for ongoing updating of team-score projections and the individual formcharts

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/asset/ ... chart.html

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
        My current estimated projections of the women's race:

Oregon 51
        Texas A&M 46
        Arizona St. 46
        LSU 42
        Florida State 39

I'm pretty sure Tennessee is toast. Sorry, BillVol.
        Arizona State looks good for what has happened so far against the form chart but Charonda Williams does not look like she will get 2nd best in 100 and maybe not 2nd best in 200. Right now I am betting 4th in 100 and 2nd or 3rd in 200.

4 x 100 did not look great for them but 4 x 400 they were not even on form chart? Am I looking at this wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by lefterisp
          You know I never understood the team points thing. What type of team competition is that when a couple of athletes are going to give all the points to a team?

I am specifically referring to the AZ State team. This should not be called the Arizona State team but the Ms Sara Stevens team (Ms Stevens is amazing of course).

Cheers
          Too bad Colorado does not have a team besides Barringer. She could score 30 on her own. She seems so far ahead of the competition she would not have had to run that hard in any prelims. That would have been fun to see.

Comment

J Youngblood came up huge for the Ducks in the LJ, adding an unexpected 6 points. Mattie Bridgeman also helped the cause by scoring an extra point in the 10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
              Originally posted by lefterisp
              You know I never understood the team points thing. What type of team competition is that when a couple of athletes are going to give all the points to a team?

I am specifically referring to the AZ State team. This should not be called the Arizona State team but the Ms Sara Stevens team (Ms Stevens is amazing of course).

Cheers
              Heck, that's nothing. In the Texas high school championships, a girl competing in the class 2A (small schools) division won the state team championship for her school single-handedly by scoring in 5 events.
              The latest T&FNews (I got in yesterday's mail) had a Faces in the Crowd conference champ (Atlantic Sun Conf?) won 100, 100h, LJ, TJ, 4x100, and 2nd in the 200.

Comment

Oregon women lose a point in the heptathlon (despite a 1-6)

Comment

I don't understand the form chart for Arizona State. They are not listed in the "live" women's formchart and yet have the third fastest time for qualifying? Would'nt this potentially put them at or near Oregon's score?

Comment

yes, there's a glitch there

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
                      I don't understand the form chart for Arizona State. They are not listed in the "live" women's formchart and yet have the third fastest time for qualifying? Would'nt this potentially put them at or near Oregon's score?
                      Sorry, meant the 4 x 400

Comment

Arizona State should be in the No. 7 position, so they'll rise to No. 2 in team projection (and based on how fast they ran yesterday, they probably actualy seed igher than No. 7 at this point)

Comment

A&M women just made a big jump up after 100

Comment

now A&M 51, Oregon 50

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/asset/ ... chart.html

Comment

Actually, A&M's javelin thrower failed to score, so it's 50-50.
                              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Blood places 2nd in the 5K as predicted, so no change in formchart. Still looks like Oregon and A&M tied at 50.
                                "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Working...
                                X