43.6 Quincy Watts (USC) 92
    ——Angelo Taylor (GaT) 98
    43.7 Johnson 90
    ——Watts 92 (h)
    43.78 Jonathan Borlée (FlSt) 09
    43.8 Kevin Borlée (FlSt) 09
    43.9 Roddie Haley (Ar) 87
    ——Derek Mills (GaT) 92

The 43.8 for K-Bor is the fastest second-leg in meet history. Old: 44.2 Andrew Valmon (SH) 85 & Kevin Robinzine (SMU) 87

Comment

Originally posted by knite
      I'm surprised LSU's Simmons was able to get back up for the relay after his 400m finals DNF!
      Simmons wasn't in the race. He left the stadium on crutches. LSU's lineup was Hayes to Howard to Jones to Forte.

Comment

That 43,5r by Johnson run in the qualifying was likely as good as his 42,91 in my opinion; I think he had 0,4-0,5 left in him with a full-out effort to the line. He shut down considerably on the homestretch with a LOT left in reserve that day in Durham.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by paulthefan
          Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by trackdug
          The twins are gonna be DOG tired on Saturday. Nice.
          And boy, do they look like Jeremy Wariner! (general somatotype, not facially)
          not at all, too short of a split.
          Jeremy's in the stands right in front of us; I'll have him go down for a quick side-by-side crotch measure.
          I cracked up at airport security.... Ato Boldon was 3 people ahead of me in the line and the guys in between asked him what he thought about the Borlées, and he said, "I thought I was watching Wariner out here. Twice!"
          :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Those twins are the real deal!!! I like them!

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
              Those guys look like 2/4th's of a team that could have a shot at the medals in Berlin...
              They have a very good 3/4th of the team, but the problem last year was their number four, Arnaud Ghislain, had never broken 46.5. But then, Ghislain is still only 20, and then another Belgian born in 1988, Antoine Gillet, ran 46.27 just last weekend.

The other question mark is whether the Borlees can peak well for the Worlds this year, having gone through the NCAA season.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Why wouldn't they? Kevin Borlée has had one open race before regionals, NCAA which followed that competition, and finally a good early-summer relay split on a university team. He has six outdoor races, none of which were as fast as he ran last season at this time with one 400m (45,35) and two relays.

Hopefully - and it appears as though this may be true - their university trainer was cognizant of their longer-term usefulness this season and allowed Kevin Borlée the eight months and four days (nothing magical about the distance between) following his final 400m race on the circuit last season and his first open competition at university.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  Why wouldn't they? Kevin Borlée has had one open race before regionals, NCAA which followed that competition, and finally a good early-summer relay split on a university team. He has six outdoor races, none of which were as fast as he ran last season at this time with one 400m (45,35) and two relays. I am sure their university trainer was very cognizant of their longer-term usefulness this season, another reason Kevin Borlée had eight months and four days between his final 400m race on the circuit last season and his first open competition at university.
                  I would assume Berlin is still their priority this year, but they had a much more intense early season than last year. I'm not saying they won't peak, just that it will be harder than in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                    Originally posted by knite
                    I'm surprised LSU's Simmons was able to get back up for the relay after his 400m finals DNF!
                    Simmons wasn't in the race. He left the stadium on crutches. LSU's lineup was Hayes to Howard to Jones to Forte.
                    Ok, I had thought that when I didn't see hi cahracteristic form arund the track, but was going by the result listing that was up 1st for the final/and the one showed on TV(I think).

Did he pull or was it a cramp, geez I hope he is ok, I wanted to see him run at the US Jr meet in 2 weeks.

Comment

If you're white and rap they compare you to Eminem

If you're a white Qmiler they compare you to Wariner......Sad. :?
                      Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        I would assume Berlin is still their priority this year, but they had a much more intense early season than last year. I'm not saying they won't peak, just that it will be harder than in 2008.
                        Completely true. However, having gone through a tested NCAA programme, I believe they'll enjoy the same successes most other top-tier 400m runners who compete on the scene have in EU and, eventually, in august championships.

Comment

I agree with Epelle, they have been able to negotiate the NCAA's which gives them a sort of "dry run" and being able to compete at Berlin, however the competition is going to be stronger at WC's, as we all know, however, they are running faster than last yr as well. At least one of them are right now and I am sure the other will join his brother is producing a like result.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                            However, having gone through a tested NCAA programme, I believe they'll enjoy the same successes most other top-tier 400m runners who compete on the scene have in EU and, eventually, in august championships.
                            Most? How many top-tier 400m runners combine the NCAA with the European season and/or major championships in August and peak well in both? Sure, Wariner did in 2004, but other than that?

Comment

It starts with your training in this event as it does in any event. The Borlee's, obviously have talent, but the level they're competing at is loaded with talent as well. So again based upon what their training consist of at this point going forward, will be key with respect to the remainder of this season and how effective they perform.
                              on the road

Comment

I always assumed he would be British when it happened, but it will be nice to see a new European Record in the 400m ..... Its been 22 years which is way too long!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X