3. Lee Emanuel’ New Mexico
    4. *Dorian Ulrey Arkansas
    5. Garrett Heath Stanford
    6. Andy McClary Arkansas
    7. *Craig Miller Wisconsin
    8. ***David McCarthy’ Providence
    9. *Jack Bolas Wisconsin
    10. **Matthew Gibney’ Villanova

This is the event I'm anticipating the most. 8-)

Centro has won off both fast and slow pace and has defeated a host of good runners. But the pressure will be on the redshirt Freshman. How sharp is he now?

Fernandez perhaps has the most talent overall. Will it show up?

And lots of other possibilities. I wouldn't be too surprised if neither Centro or Fernandez wins.

Comment

Letsrun reporting rumors of a Centrowitz stress fracture.

http://www.letsrun.com/2009/ncaa0609.php

Comment

I had heard rumors that there was a report of rumors about someone being injured possibly, but now I see that it is definitely confirmed that there is a report of rumors of a suspected reported injury.

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok
          I had heard rumors that there was a report of rumors about someone being injured possibly, but now I see that it is definitely confirmed that there is a report of rumors of a suspected reported injury.
          [that's how I regard most of letsrun]

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Did you click on the link? It didn't come from the message board. Robert Johnson was reporting what a source (aka another collegiate coach) had heard.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
              Did you click on the link? It didn't come from the message board. Robert Johnson was reporting what a source (aka another collegiate coach) had heard.
              even then i don't put much bearing on anything i read on that website. im not really sure why a person who owns a website for running would post something on his own message board that he doesn't even know to be truthful yet. good journalism means searching all your leads before you print.

Comment

Originally posted by duckedup
                Originally posted by KevinM
                even then i don't put much bearing on anything i read on that website. im not really sure why a person who owns a website for running would post something on his own message board that he doesn't even know to be truthful yet. good journalism means searching all your leads before you print.
                It IS verified as a rumor. He is reporting news, which is that someone (with significantly likelihood of having inside information) said that he has a stress fracture. No journalistic issue there; also, it is not on the message board but on the website that also has a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235

It IS verified as a rumor. He is reporting news, which is that someone (with significantly likelihood of having inside information) said that he has a stress fracture. No journalistic issue there; ...
                  That's not Journalism, that's gossip. Since, when did someone's say so become fact? Many significant sources, especially in sports, have been known to fib to throw the competition off.

Have they asked the question to the coach or trainer? Have they tried to watch him practice? Have they even tried to see him walking in and out of his hotel? That's Journalism, following up on a lead with actual other confirmations. Not just posting a he said statement from an anonymous source. Owning an internet site doesn't make reports anymore factual.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
                    Originally posted by 26mi235

It IS verified as a rumor. He is reporting news, which is that someone (with significantly likelihood of having inside information) said that he has a stress fracture. No journalistic issue there; ...
                    That's not Journalism, that's gossip. Since, when did someone's say so become fact? Many significant sources, especially in sports, have been known to fib to throw the competition off.

Have they asked the question to the coach or trainer? Have they tried to watch him practice? Have they even tried to see him walking in and out of his hotel? That's Journalism, following up on a lead with actual other confirmations. Not just posting a he said statement from an anonymous source. Owning an internet site doesn't make reports anymore factual.
                    Have you considered all the possibilities. Maybe the individual said all that they can legally say because of student medical privacy particulars, so maybe the amount reported was the extent to which they could 'officially' attest. Why do you presume that you know everything that the writer knows, including constraints on what can be written when. He did not report that it was the case but that there was a rumor from a knowledgeable (or some such) source. None of that is not true and all of it is relevant.

Comment

Centrowitz jogs in last... obbiously hurting

Comment

ouch

Comment

chunk outta Oregon's points

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            Centrowitz jogs in last... obbiously hurting
                            Too bad. I just this minute was watching the Pac 10 1500 he won. Maybe that stress fracture rumor was for real.

Comment

jkoregon?????

Comment

Working...
                              X