4. Florida 36
    5. South Carolina 35
    6. Florida State 29
    7. LSU 28
    8. Stanford 23
    =9. Arizona State 22
    =9. Baylor 22

Hey gh (or other Bay Area denizen),

I was reading the home-page-linked article about Stanford's team, and assumed it was from the Palo Alo Times, but I cannot find any evidence on-line that the newspaper even exists any more. Did it go under?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

I was reading the home-page-linked article about Stanford's team, and assumed it was from the Palo Alo Times, but I cannot find any evidence on-line that the newspaper even exists any more. Did it go under?
      I lived in Sunnyvale for 17 1/2 years, but moved to Campbell which is closer to San Jose another 17 1/2 years ago. I subscribed to the Palo Alto Times-Tribune when I lived in Sunnyvale, but I thought that it folded in the 20th Century.

I'm sorry that I'm not 100% certain.
      none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
        Originally posted by Marlow

I lived in Sunnyvale for 17 1/2 years, but moved to Campbell which is closer to San Jose another 17 1/2 years ago. I subscribed to the Palo Alto Times-Tribune when I lived in Sunnyvale, but I thought that it folded in the 20th Century.

I'm sorry that I'm not 100% certain.
        It ceased publishing in 1993, a full dozen years before I moved to the area.

Comment

note that there are "live" updates on team scoring on the front page.... does NOT reflect a recasting of the choices after each round, just moves everybody up to fill in where people knocked out.

Comment

Palo Alto now has the "Palo Alto Daily" and the "Palo Alto Weekly" newspapers. Keith Peters is the main track and field writer for the Weekly.

Comment

I'm pretty sure whatever faint hopes Arkansas had of pulling the upset just died. LJ fave Bailey just got 7th; Arkansas expected 12 pts from the event, ended up with 3.
              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Team race just changed radically: Centrowitz just finished last in his 1500 heat; projected scores now Oregon 57, TxA&M 56

Comment

see here for our constant updating of the team scoring and individual charts

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/asset/ ... chart.html

Comment

With Centrowitz out...seems to me it ramps up pressure on Biwott, Wall & Hostetler vs. A & M's 4 x 4? That's with assuming Rupp wins 5k and Wheating @ least 8 points.

Comment

Very interesting team score aspect to A & M's deca (Otto) guy about to run 1500m--pointwise could move up a spot or back...it's that close between 4th & 6th.

Comment

I meant Mcnamara, not Wall. My bad.

Comment

And after the 10K and dec, the teams still struggle for an edge. Despite Rupp's win, they drop down to a projected 54 when Puskedra doesn't score, behind A&M's 56; but then Otto scores one less point than expected in the dec (despite a lifetime best) and now it looks like A&M 55, Oregon 54.

You're really getting the team aspect in this meet. The big stars (Rupp and Eaton) did exactly what was expected up front, the difference comes from the lower-profile athletes a few places back.

Comment

Arkansas's title hopes are gone with disaster in lj and neither McClary making 1500 or 800 final, ditto Bilbrew.

Comment

And UCLA's title hopes are looking bleak too.

We had 8 individuals and 1 relay, so I figured that would easily be 90 points, but now it's looking more like we'll only scrape out 1 point in the HT and 0.33 in the PV, for a grand total of 1.33. That's like 88.67 points off my formchart projection.

Comment

Working...
                              X