Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA weather outlook (rain delays Friday action)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NCAA weather outlook (rain delays Friday action)

    as of Tuesday morning:

    Wednesday
    85/67
    Chance of T-storms
    20% chance of precipitation

    Thursday
    81/63
    Chance of T-storms
    20% chance of precipitation

    Friday
    81/61
    Chance of T-storms
    40% chance of precipitation

    Saturday
    81/61
    Chance of T-storms
    30% chance of precipitation

  • #2
    Rain chances increased. Current forecast for Wednesday: 80-80% chance of thunderstorms around 8 or 9pm.

    Thu-Fri-Sat: 50%-30%-40%

    Cloudy right now.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

    Comment


    • #3
      No funnel clouds, hurricanes, ice storms, white squalls, tsunamis, or large meteor collisions? I am confining myself to the usual NCAA weather.

      Comment


      • #4
        There were tornadoes a bit north of here Tuesday night up around Springfield, Mo.
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

        Comment


        • #5
          What terrible luck, rain go away.

          Comment


          • #6
            Meet has been suspended due to heavy rain and lightning. They said look at NCAA.com for announcement on whether will resume later tonight or postpone events till later days.
            "Run fast and keep turning left."

            Comment


            • #7
              an appropriate read to pass the time, since Toto and I nearly went to Oz last year too


              http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/displa ... p?id=25327

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by trackstar
                Meet has been suspended due to heavy rain and lightning.
                I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya . . .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looking at radar, its safe to say the rest of the days events will be moved to a later date.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    But if Austin was any guide, the events won't be "moved"; they'll be radically altered in some cases, like some field events not having Q rounds (hello flites!)

                    What does it do to Rupp? Make the double impossible, or will they run a huge 5K with no heats, making it easier?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gh
                      But if Austin was any guide, the events won't be "moved"; they'll be radically altered in some cases, like some field events not having Q rounds (hello flites!)

                      What does it do to Rupp? Make the double impossible, or will they run a huge 5K with no heats, making it easier?
                      One thing that's out of the question is moving the 5000's or Steeplechases to Saturday due to the TV schedule.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        they could run them before the TV window, I suppose, since they weren't part of it to begin with.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by trackstar
                          Meet has been suspended due to heavy rain and lightning. They said look at NCAA.com for announcement on whether will resume later tonight or postpone events till later days.
                          Back in the hotel room waiting it out. Local weather forecast shows that the bulk of the storm has passed by. Most of the really bad weather was 30 miles S of here. Fans are being asked to wait in the basketball arena until further notice. My guess is that the 5000 will be run in one huge heat if tonight's action is canceled. Steeplechase will be a problem. 100M semis and final could be run on the same day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Are they really going to try to get this in tonight?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NumberCruncher
                              Are they really going to try to get this in tonight?
                              No guarantee that this is a one-night wonder. This could be just the first of a few interruptions in the next few days.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X