X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    Ok, I visited ABDA website. From my understanding, this is autoimmune disease. Overall, unless she had a outbreak at the time during World Championship or Olympics etc, this has no effect on her.

Bzzzz wrong, better reading comprehension required. It affects training and training affects endurance and endurance is important for being able to perform consistently through rounds. Go read comments from SR about it affecting training, made not in the context of dismissing a performance failure.
    Not to mention the treatment with corticosteroids (bad for fitness).

Comment

Ok fellow posters, lets call a bee's wing a bee's wing and not a wasp's wing.

Sanya has been the most dominant female 400m W on the circuits since 2004 (i would say) winning no less than 25 races between 2004 and Eugene 2009 which includes the grand Prix where she has even taken home the Golden haul. She displayed spanking form and impressive performances of a strong champion in these situations.
      There have been just about 3 major world class races between 2004 and 2008, my recollection points to her losing in 3 of these career defing races.

It's hard for the unfair Sanya fans to stuff it to the fans of athletics that there is disease preventing form traing hard thereby her getting beat when she comes short. Part of winning or being the champions means going through the rounds and dealing with what you are challenged. As a human to another human my sympathies go out to her but as competitor : "see you at the finish line" then we ask how were doing.

If there is no crying in base ball then track has no mercy.

Further, as fans of track we are quite disrespectful to Sanya's counterparts who when beaten indicate that they need to train harder to tackle her, which we accept, then when she gets her licks we talk about a disease.

That disease must be chokolous competitionous which is what happens when the favourite and best does not deliver when capable.

Comment

The disease comes and goes, it is not a constant ailment and she says this herself. To keep it simple the woman goes out fast and dies sometimes....Mostly in Championship races. When she gets a Gold medal at WC's the non believers will fade away until then....

I honestly think she could be a sub 22 200m runner if she gave it a constant effort.
        Afrikan

Comment

This topic is tired. How many times folks gonna complain about her being on top. No she hasn't won a world title, but she HAS brought home some hardware, and while it might not be what SHE planned to get herself, its still something that a whole lot of other women would LOVE. Don't be mad cuz she has set high standards for herself.

She makes some of the summer's races the hottest races to see.

Comment

From my understanding,

Here's where you went wrong.

I wondered what would happen to this board once trackshark closed. Now I know.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more BisonH.

I really hate the tone and content of many of the threads on the board now.

Sure does seem to be a lot of perfect Olympic medallists and world record holders here though! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

Re: Should Sanya Richards tag a choke

If my memory recall is right, she won World junior 400m in 2003[/b].
                No, she didn't. The year was 2002. She was a HUGE favorite since she had just broken the American Junior Record , but you know, same old Sanya, same story, she lost in this case to Monique Henderson, running nearly a second slower than her own record. She got silver.

We are plenty of evidence to tag her a choker for God's sake !!!

Comment

To put things in some context in 2002 she lost to the previous WJR record holder, whom she only had a .05 faster PR than.

Moreover Sanya was a 17 HS student and Monique was a 19 year old college trained student who was more prepare to handle rounds.

Frankly this thread is tacky and distasteful, IMO. Being critical of an athlete is one thing, but creating a thread that is clearly hating based on personal feelings seems a bit unfair to me. I don't particularly like it so I will just avoid threads and post made by this lad.

Comment

Besides being younger Sanya also DOUBLED that day in those WJR championships running both the 200m and 400m...the most difficult sprint double.

She ran the 200m before the 400m final.

The person who's record she previously broke and she barely lost to, Monique Henderson, only ran the 400m.

But that isnt important because this isnt about the facts.

Its about learning to let go.

If you love something, set it free.

If it comes back to you... its yours.

If it doesnt...it never was.

Mi likkle but mi talawah
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Re: Should Sanya Richards tag a choke

Originally posted by T&F_LA
                      If my memory recall is right, she won World junior 400m in 2003[/b].
                      No, she didn't. The year was 2002. She was a HUGE favorite since she had just broken the American Junior Record , but you know, same old Sanya, same story, she lost in this case to Monique Henderson, running nearly a second slower than her own record. She got silver.

We are plenty of evidence to tag her a choker for God's sake !!!
                      Hello ILT.

I see you mentioned she broke the AJR but fail to mention that the person she lost too was the previous record holder.

So how was she a huge :roll: favorite running against the previous record holder, who was also an Olympian (yes Monique Henderson was an Olympian in 2000), who was two years older than her running for UCLA, and who also hadn't run the 200/400 double in those championships while Sanya had?

Okay, now tell us how one athlete doubling in the 200/400 while the other one doesnt, doesnt matter.

We're listening.

Look...

Since you're hater, just say it. But don't attack her using limited facts.

I mean she's rich, talented, attractive, engaged to an NFL super bowl champion, personable, an AMERICAN , born on the beautiful island of Jamaica, etc, etc...

A lot to hate there given that your primary interactions are the physical contact and emotional response you receive from your keyboard.

And to my immigrant friends who hate Sanya for moving here (like you did) at age 12...

Let...it...go. It's been over half her life ago. She was a child who was following her parents guidance. Fine people who used good judgment.

Get your own life and move on.
                      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by mojo

Everyone is welcome, but I do agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo

Sure does seem to be a lot of perfect Olympic medallists and world record holders here though! :roll: :roll: :roll:
                          To be fair, this Sportfanx cat was never on Trackshark.

Comment

Listen TD and others I'm a Jamaican with strong views, I have Afro-caribbean ethnicity, you should not let that limit your respect of our views.

Because of your perception of us folks, you bundle us all as having the same views.

Because of that you won't surpress my views.

Because of that you jeer us (tallawah jibe)

Because of that you won't figuratively or otherwise bring a "belt" to me like you have already threatened. It just won't happen.

As long as the forum is here my views remain the same. I know you would rather only have fellow Americans critique Sanya but ...

But the world has changed and we are all global citizens G infinity. So let that go no "belting" for me as you would like. So maybe you take a cue and move on.

please bash the comment and not that the little islander MON!! out of many one people

This would be going out to TD, Guru, and Knite. Speedfirst you can disregard caz you just won't read deep enough to grasp the idea (sad but true, you can really look into that).

Further TD you make good threads but the dwelling on the 12yo (especially when it does not apply) thing in the face of commentary makes YOU look 'pubecent' You're defacing your value.

Comment

And with that I still hold firm that the records show that Sanya is a choker just like many other top billed athletes; Khamis, Powell etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                                And with that I still hold firm that the records show that Sanya is a choker just like many other top billed athletes; Khamis, Powell etc.
                                If Sanya wins the up-coming World's, what label would you like us to stick on you? You decide.
                                phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                                X