X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by Paul Henry
    And with that I still hold firm that the records show that Sanya is a choker just like many other top billed athletes; Khamis, Powell etc.
    If Sanya wins the up-coming World's, what label would you like us to stick on you? You decide.
    Someone with a view who was right until that moment.

You just want me to forget Japan and China like that!!? You guys respond as if I hate the GIRL. I don't I hate the way she tackles her races and the fact that outside of Allyson she far outclasses the field even the two JAMAICANS yet by her own racing faults she loses. She is not suppose to lose.

Comment

I see many are making their own beliefs of this athlete, come in the way of doing critical thinking. We have information that can be examine, so we can come up with a rational decision. So far, from what I'm seeing in the responds, no concrete information, facts are presented, to let me or any other logical thinking fans lean towards any other direction than to say so, far in her pro career she chokes in major competition.

Again, this is not an attack on her as a person. I don't care if she beautiful, nice person, engage to Giant's football player etc, hence her personal life is not being evaluated here. So, please don't get me wrong. I'm just going by the information I have about her in a competitive environment in Major Championships and Olympics. Judging by her performances on the circuits and during the rounds of World Championships and Olympics and post (final races), she looks good, but in those "FINAL RACES", she always falters. And that my we can't (well, I know I can't) disregard just because she is Sanya Richards etc.

PS. Putting one's feelings and beliefs on something or a person aside and doing critical thinking and making critical decision base on information that is in front of him/her, is essential in life in general. We see this apply everday in one way or another. eg Law, Healthcare etc.

Comment

I was waiting for TD to defend his boo :lol:

and Sanya is a Jamaican with American citizenship. A test and a passport doesn't change Blood.
        Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
          I was waiting for TD to defend his boo :lol:

and Sanya is a Jamaican with American citizenship. A test and a passport doesn't change Blood.
          In that case I don't think there are many "true" americans if that were the standard by which we measure. Much of the residents of this country, has bloodlines that flow outside of these boarders.

Comment

You guys respond as if I hate the GIRL..
            I dont think you hate her at all. We all want our favorite athletes to perform well when it counts. She has had some bumps in the road, thats for sure but she's not done.

I do have a problem with labels and if you ever had a nasty, judgemental coach throwing around the Choker label, it turns you off to this word for life!
            phsstt!

Comment

I dont think you hate her at all. We all want our favorite athletes to perform well when it counts. She has had some bumps in the road, thats for sure but she's not done.

I do have a problem with labels and if you ever had a nasty, judgemental coach throwing around the Choker label, it turns you off to this word for life!
              The tilte was about her and choking which in the most diplomatic sense is not far from her. that said

..Squakee I dont think many get it that the "wanna be analyst/into it fan" in me is not liking what I'm seeing but the gambler in me has consistently lossed on her.

In fact the label I should get if she wins is:

The T&F poster who advised to change the racing strategy (because that's what she would have done to get the gold)

As well as the The GUY who hit his bookie for six. many have not asked who would I bet on. And that would be important to know (ok TD)

Comment

You know Squack, Sanya should be truly condemned for failing to satisfy lofty expectations of all of these overachievers that reached pinnacles of success in everything they touched.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego

You know Squack, Sanya should be truly condemned for failing to satisfy lofty expectations of all of these overachievers that reached pinnacles of success in everything they touched.
                  Is coming off a spanking grandprix circuit with spanking form and going into a world class champioship as the favourite and expecting the runner to win a lofty expectation?
                  If that is the case we should not be expecting her win in Berlin.

Comment

And YOU, Pego, you NEVER won the Nobel Prize for Medicine - you LOSER! :wink:
                    And squackee, YOU never . . . uh . . . won the Nobel Prize for Humor! :twisted:
                    I, on the other hand, am the proud owner of a self-bestowed Tafny for World Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      Actually i did, but ala Brando, i refused it because of the unethical treatment of mimes.
                      phsstt!

Comment

Actually i did, but ala Brando, i refused it because of the unethical treatment of mimes.
                        I always hated mimes till I saw the latest Cirque du Soleil last month. The guy was brilliant!

Comment

And YOU, Pego, you NEVER won the Nobel Prize for Medicine - you LOSER! :wink:
                          I, on the other hand, am the proud owner of a self-bestowed Tafny for World Peace!
                          ops: ops: :cry: :cry:
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                            Much of the residents of this country, has bloodlines that flow outside of these boarders.
                            Actually, all, if you go back far enough.

I'm disappointed to hear that pego is not one of the recipients of the Nobel prize in Physiology or Medicine. Really pego, how you think you are qualified to judge other people, or defend Richards, is beyond me.

Next you'll be telling us you have never rubbed shoulders with elite athlete. Just for the record what is your PR for the mile? If you're not under four, we'll show you the door.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler
                              Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                              From my understanding,

Here's where you went wrong.

I wondered what would happen to this board once trackshark closed. Now I know.

What is that suppose to mean? Please expound, because certainly that is left up to intrepretation.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                                What is that suppose to mean? Please expound, because certainly that is left up to intrepretation.
                                For the record, I enjoy 95% of the comments from former TS participants. We are better off as a community with their/your perspectives.

Comment

Working...
                                X