This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlow
    Asafa is the only one that might fit that label, because he himself sees the problem in those sorts of terms, but even then, the term, 'choker', is such a non-starter for intelligent discussion.

So its ok for POwell because he admits it but uncool for everyone because they dont??
    Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
      Marlow
      Asafa is the only one that might fit that label, because he himself sees the problem in those sorts of terms, but even then, the term, 'choker', is such a non-starter for intelligent discussion.

So its ok for POwell because he admits it but uncool for everyone because they dont??
      Sanya turned 24 in February.

Keep throwing dirt on her.

She has probably accomplished more than any 400m runner before her at this age.

Like I said...go ahead and bury her.

Its all good.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Its all good.
        They have buried Alan Webb already...........well he commited suicide several threads ago.

Comment

Sanya has...

In the open 400...

WC silver
          Olympic bronze

And in relays

2 WC gold

2 Olympic gold

All by age 23.

How dare her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
            Starting a post to bash???? LOL, just sad. Presenting EVIDENCE/INFORMATION, that can used to evaluate, is bashing. LOL, certainly in healthcare/Law...thaught in school to put one's feelings, values and beliefs aside and work with information that is presented, to make a constructive and critical decision. This is applied in especially , medicine, Law etc. part of CODE of ETHICS. Just ashame and pittyful.

What will the world be if we have all people working in medicine and law, are making their feelings, beliefs and values interferring with how they treat someone or representing them? Thankfully, it's just a minority of them are around, and not the majority.
            This is all utter nonsense. Physicians have different degree of emotions. Some get emotionally involved with their patient, some remain more detached. Some jump on every new treatment (testing method) as soon as it is available, some wait awhile to let others check it out first. Some perform certain procedures/order certain treatments, others find them objectionable. Some pray with/for their patients, some find the practice unprofessional. Some will work pro-bono when such a situation arises, some will not.
            The same is true for the lawyers as well as the judges, all the way to the Supreme Court. Majority of opinions are split, simply because their interpretation of the law, i.e. their bias based on cultural, religious, socio-economic background differences varies.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

Its all good.
              They have buried Alan Webb already...........well he commited suicide several threads ago.
              Sanya actually has WC and Olympic hardware.

Does Webb?

Comment

^^^LOL but it's not funny. All I'm saying people is its cool to label or throw dirt on other people but when it come to Sanya its a sin. She has accomplished a lot but at the end of the day she is like Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller etc...the Chip keeps eluding her.

TD about the "hypocrits" who come to America and talk bad about the country or arent patriotic.... Please! this land was built on taking from others so its due time others take from the good ol' US of A. You know 95% of the booing is good natured bruh. Jerome Young, Suziann Reid, Donovan Bailey, and etc weren't boo'd so it's not a "traitor" issue.
                Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                  The same is true for the lawyers as well as the judges, all the way to the Supreme Court. Majority of opinions are split, simply because their interpretation of the law, i.e. their bias based on cultural, religious, socio-economic background differences varies.
                  You make them sound human. Maybe law dude can confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

Its all good.

Does Webb?
                    It was tongue in cheek comment. But no he doesn't, he is still well accomplished...........thats my point. Being critical of athletes is fair in my opinion, but AGAIN what amounts to attacking athletes I'm not cool with.

Not many Americans (or people around the world) have accomplished what Webb or Sanya has.

Comment

• It's unfair but it happens. It does not stop them from succeeding though.
                      Afrikan

Comment

• Originally posted by Taliban
                        ^^^LOL but it's not funny. All I'm saying people is its cool to label or throw dirt on other people but when it come to Sanya its a sin. She has accomplished a lot but at the end of the day she is like Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller etc...the Chip keeps eluding her.

TD about the "hypocrits" who come to America and talk bad about the country or arent patriotic.... Please! this land was built on taking from others so its due time others take from the good ol' US of A. You know 95% of the booing is good natured bruh. Jerome Young, Suziann Reid, Donovan Bailey, and etc weren't boo'd so it's not a "traitor" issue.
                        Iverson and Reggie Miller are in their 30s.

Sanya just turned 24.

America was indeed built by taking something from others.

What are you building?

Show me the other threads of athletes who didn't win Oly gold.

There should be a zillion of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                          Not many Americans (or people around the world) have accomplished what Webb or Sanya has.
                          That's exactly the point, the stone throwers don't grasp.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• [quote=guruof track]
                            Originally posted by "guruof track":13qxws54

Its all good.

Does Webb?
                            It was tongue in cheek comment. But no he doesn't, he is still well accomplished...........thats my point. Being critical of athletes is fair in my opinion, but AGAIN what amounts to attacking athletes I'm not cool with.

Not many Americans (or people around the world) have accomplished what Webb or Sanya has.[/quote:13qxws54] I see your point guru and I agree. The Webb attacks are unfair as well.

Sorry for quoting this mods but I'm limited with how much I can edit.

Bored in a mtg.

Typing on my G1. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X