Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Dix not in 200m in US champs?

I noticed that Walter only appears in 100m entry list for US champs. I know there is some more time to the lists be definitive, but it is a surprise to me if he not enter in 200m, anyone knows something about that?

Competitions where Dix could run have been limited by the dispute with his agent, and in the two meets where he did run - Tallahassee Seminole Invitational and Prefontaine - he ran the 100m only.

Comment

He will be in the 200m's at national champs, lists will be updated until 24 hrs before the meet starts (?) someone can verify this.

Comment

If DIx is not running...........This would make it very tempting to X run the duece

Comment

He should run the 400 though.

he needs that strength and his 200m's will improve from it, but I agree, it would be tempting!

Comment

Originally posted by gcheves
            Competitions where Dix could run have been limited by the dispute with his agent.
            Can't he just run as normal and then have the earning put into a trust fund to be distributed by the ruling judge. Surely both parties would benefit from such an arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by knite
              He will be in the 200m's at national champs, lists will be updated until 24 hrs before the meet starts (?) someone can verify this.
              I can confirm that the lists are constantly updated, and the number of late entries/appeals, etc. is staggeringly large. So just because someone isn't entered by the time of the deadline doesn't mean a lot.

On the other hand, it is unusual for a person to enter only one event if the entry of two was intended.

Is the idea that Dix will run the 200 conjecture on your part, or do you know for certain that he will run the 200 (and the 100, for that matter)?

Comment

Competitions where Dix could run have been limited by the dispute with his agent, and in the two meets where he did run - Tallahassee Seminole Invitational and Prefontaine - he ran the 100m only.
                but to clarify, he has Q marks from last year, so that's not an issue, in case that's what you were suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  but to clarify, he has Q marks from last year, so that's not an issue, in case that's what you were suggesting.
                  Yes, that's true. I thought maybe he's only concentrating on the 100 because of the limited competitions. When he ran for FSU he usually did a couple of 400s on the relay to build strength for the 200 and I'm not sure if he got the work in this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                    Competitions where Dix could run have been limited by the dispute with his agent.
                    Can't he just run as normal and then have the earning put into a trust fund to be distributed by the ruling judge. Surely both parties would benefit from such an arrangement?
                    Last I heard, Mr Logan of USATF was acting as an arbitrator to settle the dispute but I don't know the outcome.

Comment

I think if it works out that the bureacratic restrictions prevent him from being in the 200, then it would be a blessing in disguise for him. As much as I hate to admit it, he has a real shot at a medal in Berlin for 100m.

Hence if he can't get to the 200m he would have spent all efforts preparing for the 100m. Only then, Marlow would tell me "I told you so".

This since its a real possibility that medals might require sub 9.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                        Only then, Marlow would tell me "I told you so".
                        oooo - I love when that happens! 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                          If DIx is not running...........This would make it very tempting to X run the duece
                          I agree, although I fear that such a choice would be harmful to "X-Man," to the US medal total and to our sport.

"X-Man" isn't entered in any event at USAT&F although he has run the necessary times. I had assumed that he would run 400 at Berlin then 200 at Ostrava to improve his season bests of 45.75 in February and 20.27 in May. He isn't listed on the recent press release for the Berlin GL meet on June 14.

His 300 at Pre vs. Spearmon proved to me that he should run 400 at USAT&F. He had lost to Spearmon by 0.29 seconds at 200 then won by 0.21 seconds at 300.

He needs races IMHO, so running a 200 heat (about two hours before 400 final) should'nt be a problem. IF he makes the team in both, he could choose in late July in case of injury, marked improvement, etc.

IF Tyson runs 100 only at USAT&F, "X-man" should be second in 200 absent Dix, but he would probably be fourth at Berlin. In the 400 he should also be second at USAT&F, but would probably be third at Berlin.

Other 400 pros are running poorly now because none has run as fast as "X-Man" did in his one 400 in 2008. Collegians have a habit of running poorly in August as Lionel Larry did at Osaka. The Bahamians look good for a 400 medal absent "X-Man."
                          none

Comment

Dix is now listed with an entry into the 200m's at US nationals, fyi.

http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOut ... status.asp

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                              Dix is now listed with an entry into the 200m's at US nationals, fyi.

http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOut ... status.asp
                              Thanks for the update. I hope that "X-Man" runs the 400.
                              none

Comment

Working...
                              X