Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    since the 47-second club has only 33 members (fewer than 1 per year since the first one happened), I think it safe to say it's not an easy group to join!
    But still the fact that so many of the feild competitors are at 48.5 average and are looking good is an important fact to consider. One could really be justified in expecting three or 2 guys this year.

Further, my history might be off, but I can't find a time in the history of this event when so many guys were this good (by time and time of stage of preparation).

Comment

The big three do seem to run their best races when rounds are invovled though.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        since the 47-second club has only 33 members (fewer than 1 per year since the first one happened), I think it safe to say it's not an easy group to join!
        With Clement, Taylor & Jackson being the great 400m H guys that they are and Phillips logging 48.05 & 48.09 in June/july, seems this probability is gathering much mass. Might not be safe to say that there won't be more than one after all.

Comment

There might not be more than two, however.

Historically, Clement, Taylor and Jackson have not each been in 47-second shape simultaneously since 2006. Furthermore, when they've had their greatest chance of striking hard (Beijing), Taylor and Clement were able to run sub-48,00, but Jackson wasn't. This is a different season than was last year as well, so the expectation of each fulfilling his lifetime best or running within fractions thereof are less than they would otherwise be.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
            There might not be more than two, however.

Historically, Clement, Taylor and Jackson have not each been in 47-second shape simultaneously since 2006. Furthermore, when they've had their greatest chance of striking hard (Beijing), Taylor and Clement were able to run sub-48,00, but Jackson wasn't. This is a different season than was last year as well, so the expectation of each fulfilling his lifetime best or running within fractions thereof are less than they would otherwise be.
            EPelle do you think Tinsley will ever join the sub 48 club he's got excellent technique but he lacks what Taylor,Clement have great flat speed in the sprints.I said this about him while he was at Jackson St.

Comment

There are so many talented young American hurdlers developing - Anderson, Wynne, Wyatt, Morton, Dutch, Gaymon - I fully expect more than 1 of them will be under 48 in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome Dome
                There are so many talented young American hurdlers developing - Anderson, Wynne, Wyatt, Morton, Dutch, Gaymon - I fully expect more than 1 of them will be under 48 in the next year.
                Yeah this is one event which collectively has yielded consistently good performances (in comparison to eg. men's 400m). There is always the feeling that ony of the top 6 at any one final has as good chance as the other to win.

Comment

ANd who knows, maybe we may see Bennie Brazell make a comeback................that maybe wishful thinking

Comment

Phillips ran a 48.09 this past weekend in Madrid, not sure of the wind, but this has got to be another major confidence booster for him...If he keeps this form up, then maybe them going into the sub 48 this season doesn't seem so farfetched...and this hould increase his chances of going sub 48 out of that .15% predicted by Paulthefan...

Official Results - Men - 400 Metres Hurdles Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
                    1 Isa Phillips JAM 48.09 10
                    2 Danny McFarlane JAM 48.53 8
                    3 David Greene GBR 49.19 7
                    4 Periklís Iakovákis GRE 49.36 6
                    5 Justin Gaymon USA 49.97 5
                    6 Ignacio Sarmiento ESP 50.73 4
                    7 Masahira Yoshikata JPN 50.84 3
                    8 José María Romera ESP 51.94 2
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

Chrome Dome don't forget Delaware St sensation Leslie Murray he finished 6th in the NCAA's and he was the only FROSH to make it that far finishing in 49.91

Comment

Trinidad and Tobago have a youngster running 49.45
                        17yo called Jehue Gordon
                        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
                          Chrome Dome don't forget Delaware St sensation Leslie Murray he finished 6th in the NCAA's and he was the only FROSH to make it that far finishing in 49.91
                          Leslie Murray would be representing the Virgin Islands

Comment

Isa looking to be a strong favourite now. Has certainly grown to be a pwerful man. He has that gold in sight I would say, but beware of the Bat!!

Comment

It sure looks like Phillips or Jackson in Berlin with a slight edge to Phillips right now.

That's a very impressive result for that 17 yr old from T & T!

Comment

Working...
                              X