SB 50.94
    3 GUSHCHINA, Yulia RUS
    SB 51.10
    4 MCCONNELL, Lee GBR
    5 WILKINS, Bobby-Gaye JAM
    6 FIROVA, Tatyana RUS
    7 NWACHUKWU, Sorina GER
    8 WITTSTOCK, Estie RSA

Good solid race from Sanya, she managed a conservative first 200m and then moved through the third 100 to power home. If she can run this kind of race at the Trials with the rounds, then she might be on for something in Berlin.

Comment

Sanya doin here thing! :wink:

Comment

Man I wonder what Sanya would've said IFshe DIDN'T win and run sub 50, what excuse :shock: :lol:
        on the road

Comment

So much for handing Allyson Felix the WC gold on a platter. Richards looks set to go sub 49 this year, finally, again. TBO must be nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
            Man I wonder what Sanya would've said IFshe DIDN'T win and run sub 50, what excuse :shock: :lol:
            Ha...now I wonder if they can see how that sounds.
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
              So much for handing Allyson Felix the WC gold on a platter. Richards looks set to go sub 49 this year, finally, again. TBO must be nervous.
              Finally again? :shock:

That's a pretty rare feat in track and field.

Only 7 or 8 athletes have EVER done it, I believe.

For example...as great as Marie Jose-Perec, Valerie Briscoe Hooks and Cathy Freeman were in the 400m...they only did it once.

On the other hand...Sanya had done it twice by the time she was 21 years old, I believe. :wink:

Also, I believe Sanya has passed the WR holder Koch for the most sub 50s in history.

Oh yeah...she just turned 24.

Comment

In case anyone needed reminding.....LOL

Good stuff TD!

I told folks that she was gonna be alright....next stop, WC Gold! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                  In case anyone needed reminding.....LOL

Good stuff TD!

I told folks that she was gonna be alright....next stop, WC Gold! :wink:
                  :lol:

I'm just saying. :lol:

Comment

Perec did sub 49 more than once. She did it in Barcelona and she did it in Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy
                      Perec did sub 49 more than once. She did it in Barcelona and she did it in Atlanta
                      I thought so too.

Comment

Tru.

A great time from Sanya but I'll wait until the final at the US trials before I say she looks good for the gold at the WC. If any athlete is the female equivalent of Asafa Powell Sanya is it. I predicted she would not win in Beijing but lately her approach has been a bit different and the result showed in her last 2 races. she looked particularly good coming home today after a more conservative opening 200. We'll just have to see what the rounds do to her, unlike Asafa, I think it's the rounds which get to her and not her nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                          I thought so too.
                          You both are correct. Although she did it later in her career than Sanya has.

Comment

However, she is able to run a(n) (un)surprisingly good relay following those rounds and final disappointment. Must be something else.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                              However, she is able to run a(n) (un)surprisingly good relay following those rounds and final disappointment. Must be something else.
                              I dunno, her splits were decent but Felix was usually the fastest on the relays if I recall correctly. Besides, I suspect she's like Merlene Ottey and again Asafa Powell in that they all seem to have run even faster with a baton in their hands despite disappointments in the individual events. . . . somethign about relays and being on a team with your last chance for gold at stake I guess. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X