Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moura
    replied
    Carruthers and McKinney were added to entry lists and surprise (at least for me) Allen Johnson too!

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Jager ran 13:29 in great conditions but when his 1500/mile was just about 4min mile speed. He recently ran that 1500 and looked strong at the end. He might be in better shape now. Schumacher is known for having his runners race several shorter races before their primary race, so it could well be that they are targeting the 5000. Also, given his age, one objective is to get race experience in important races.

Also,I would expect to see him race at places like Heusden-Zolder where Schumacher's athletes have a history.
    I agree. If there is anything that folks should know by now is that race experience matters...(i.e. see Webb)

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Jager ran 13:29 in great conditions but when his 1500/mile was just about 4min mile speed. He recently ran that 1500 and looked strong at the end. He might be in better shape now. Schumacher is known for having his runners race several shorter races before their primary race, so it could well be that they are targeting the 5000. Also, given his age, one objective is to get race experience in important races.

Also,I would expect to see him race at places like Heusden-Zolder where Schumacher's athletes have a history.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    I see that Evan Jager is entered in the 1500 and 5000. I am not sure which event he has the best chance in making the WC team, but it seems that with 3:54y and 13:29 under his belt this spring, that perhaps his best chance might be in a slowish 5000 where he could hang and kick. Maybe he doesn't have a good chance in either, but it seems he has to choose, because there is a 1500 preliminary the night before the 5000, which presumably might not be wise to run if the 5000 is his goal.
    I agree & add that he is a young runner with potential to win a medal at WCh or OG before his career ends. To run WCh (assuming that Lagat runs 800) he must:
    1. Place in the top three
    2. Run the "A" standard or be the third runner while the other two have made the "A" standard and he has the "B" standard. Sadly he has done neither.

The 5000 "B" standard is 13:29.00. Jager ran 13:29.65 in the ideal conditions at Stanford, so first he needs to improve by 0.65 seconds. It would be best if he improves by 9.65 seconds and makes the "A" standard of 13:20.00.

In 2008 Lagat (13:16.29), Brent Vaughn (13:18.46) and Chris Solinsky (13:18.51) made the "A" standard. Four others made the "B" standard, so Jager has a lot of competition.

In the 1500 mile times don't count. In 2008 Lagat (3:32.75) and Alan Webb (3:35.86) made the "A" standard of 3:36.20. Leonel Manzano (3:34.14) made the "A" standard at Reebok. The "B" standard of 3:39.20 has been earned by 14 more milers in 2008 and six in 2009 (including Galen Rupp). Lopez Lomong ran the 2008 OG, but he hasn't made the "A" standard.

These races are usually slow except for 2000 OT (Gabe Jennings) and 2004 OT (Webb) when the 1500 winner set a fast pace. I don't know which race is best, so I hope that he has some European races scheduled because he probably won't run WCh. IF he does have a qualifying place, I believe that July 31 is the deadline for running the qualifying time.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    I see that Evan Jager is entered in the 1500 and 5000. I am not sure which event he has the best chance in making the WC team, but it seems that with 3:54y and 13:29 under his belt this spring, that perhaps his best chance might be in a slowish 5000 where he could hang and kick. Maybe he doesn't have a good chance in either, but it seems he has to choose, because there is a 1500 preliminary the night before the 5000, which presumably might not be wise to run if the 5000 is his goal.
    Well at 20 yrs old, that's still HELLA good! :wink:

He's got the goods just not his time yet, though he should get right in there and mix it up with the best the US has to offer!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    I'm not sure where Nichole Denby has been this season. She missed making the Olympic team by .001 if I remember correctly.

I miss her.
    Maternity leave....
    Thanks Tex.

Congrats Nichole!

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NormZylstra
    replied
    Originally posted by Moura
    Some names still miss in entry lists such as:
    Britany Riley
    I heard she's done.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Originally posted by Moura
    Some names still miss in entry lists such as:

Melissa Barber
    Mary Winneberg
    Monique Henderson
    Nichole Denby

Injuries?
    Barber - Hamstring
    Winneberg - Maternity leave
    Henderson - Taking the year off...not sure why
    Denby - Maternity leave

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    I'm not sure where Nichole Denby has been this season. She missed making the Olympic team by .001 if I remember correctly.

I miss her.
    Maternity leave....

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Many people who haven't entered have no good mark for 2009 outdoors, but why isn't Carruthers entered? Her Doha mark is 3rd for 2009.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track

I miss her.
    Nichole Denby brings back memories. I remember Ronnie and myself bet who would finishe higher at the NC meet between her and Dawn. Well Ronnie won that bet, but I guess i got the last laugh
    Yeah.

By .001at trials.

And now Olympic Gold.

Leave a comment:

• Chrome Dome
    replied
    Nice work, Moura!

I know Curry & Smith have been absent all year. Hopefully they are merely taking a year off - post Olympic syndrome. :?

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

I miss her.
    Nichole Denby brings back memories. I remember Ronnie and myself bet who would finishe higher at the NC meet between her and Dawn. Well Ronnie won that bet, but I guess i got the last laugh

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied

I miss her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X