• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Am I the only one noticing no Torri on the 100 or 200 entry list?
    Same coach and management (HSI) as Carmelita right?
    Hmmmm....
    I'm also troubled by Torri. I didn't worry when she had a slow start because she can improve quickly, but when she scratched from Pre I worried about an injury.
    I dont think we'll see the Torri we've seen in the past.

Personally I believe our top 100m runners should watch out or a surprise pb sub 11 by Alex the Great in the final could shock the field.

If you make the final all you need is one good race.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Hmmmm....
    I'm also troubled by Torri. I didn't worry when she had a slow start because she can improve quickly, but when she scratched from Pre I worried about an injury.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    what? So then tell me why he should double??? :?
    I did at 1:53pm today on this topic.

Leave a comment:

• NormZylstra
    replied
    When are the USA and IAAF Worlds boards going up? I vote the sooner the better.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    I think Xman has a real chance to make the 400m team, run high to mid 44, and quiet his critics.

I'd love to see that happen.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Originally posted by gm

Hmmmm....
    Torri hasn't exactly set the track on fire this year (only 3 100m races), and at age 32 she may not be super interested. Who knows?

What's your question again?
    Just found it interesting Torri isn't listed. I'm sure that could change but if it doesn't itd be a quiet "ending" of sorts for her.

Sorry I didn't ask a question that suited your fancy...thought this thread was about things to ponder...regardless of age I just figured we wouldve heard a tad more about what her plans would be...that's all.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    Yes, his 100 has improved, but overall he has regressed. He had the 6th fastest 100 in the quarterfinals at the U.S. Olympic Trials last year, in setting his pr of 10.00, faster than a high school kid, who ran 10.01.
    See that was easy.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 cents
    Yes, his 100 has improved, but overall he has regressed. He had the 6th fastest 100 in the quarterfinals at the U.S. Olympic Trials last year, in setting his pr of 10.00, faster than a high school kid, who ran 10.01.
    See that was easy.

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    I know what regression is. Figures lie and well I won't go there.

Now do you care to list his 100 times?? He runs more than the 200/400 competitively right??? Unless that progression chart doesn't fit in your arguement.

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied
    I could tell you why the sky is not blue, but it is not worth it. I'm now convinced guru of track that you do not know the meaning of regression, and that is OK. I'm not here to judge anybody, or violate rule 15.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    He runs the 100 too, care to put those stats up???

I could go in to detail of why some of those times are not, but its not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• 2 cents
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    He hasn't regressed, he just has NOT been healthy.
    Well, he has regressed, that is irrefutable, but you might be correct that this is due to not being healthy.

200 Progression
    2006 19.63
    2007 19.92
    2008 20.25
    2009 20.27 (season not over)

400 Progression
    2006 44.53
    2007 45.26
    2008 44.70
    2009 45.75 (season not over)

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

Hmmmm....
    Torri hasn't exactly set the track on fire this year (only 3 100m races), and at age 32 she may not be super interested. Who knows?

What's your question again?

Leave a comment:

• nrh
    replied
    [quote=guruof track]
    Originally posted by "2 cents":zp8we7fm
    Gleason, you have shown yourself to be a huge proponent of Xavier Carter running a lot of races. You mention it all the time. You also appear to have some inability to see that Xavier Carter has regressed as an athlete. I too have a difficult time accepting that he is not as good as he once was. You look at him through rose colored lenses. Perhaps he will live up to your expectations, but it really seems that he will not. I once thought he would eventually break 44 seconds in the 400, but now I really don't have any reason to believe this.

He hasn't regressed, he just has NOT been healthy. Last year he ran a 44.70 last year off NO endurance training and also PRed in the 100 last year. Then he went down to injury. The year before that, he dislocated his knee aat the US Champs came back and ran a 19.92.

He hasn't been healthy to have the opportunities he has needed to be in his 06 form.[/quote:zp8we7fm]

I agree, people forget that the kid had surgery on his ankle late last year. He's probably starting to feel good with the ankle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X