X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    maybe there's a better word than "break"?
    I agree. Excellent citation of a double meaning for a word, as usual. :P

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    maybe there's a better word than "break"?

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by Gleason
    At least her races are on Saturday (heat) and Sunday (semi & final). Maybe Eugene will have a heat wave. The 1972 Men's 10K was 134F on the track!
    Long range forecast through Friday shows nothing over 80.
    Thanks for the reply. IF anyone deserves a break, it is she.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Gleason
    At least her races are on Saturday (heat) and Sunday (semi & final). Maybe Eugene will have a heat wave. The 1972 Men's 10K was 134F on the track!
    Long range forecast through Friday shows nothing over 80.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Lolo Jones announced ahead of Ostrava that she was not yet ready to compete. She had hoped to at least compete at USATF, which was no guarantee. I think Michelle Perry took Jones spot in Ostrava.
    I'm afraid that you are correct.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Lolo Jones announced ahead of Ostrava that she was not yet ready to compete. She had hoped to at least compete at USATF, which was no guarantee. I think Michelle Perry took Jones spot in Ostrava.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    I noticed that Rodney Martin is picked to finish ninth at 200. He was fourth at 2007 WCh, fourth at 2008 OT and won at Osaka in 20.30.

He has run poorly since then. Is he injured or ill?

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    I created a thread about that a week ago...and got nothing, so I'm thinking that things are not goin so well....she should have just pulled out of Drake.
    Thanks for the info. I'm sorry that I missed it. At least her races are on Saturday (heat) and Sunday (semi & final). Maybe Eugene will have a heat wave. The 1972 Men's 10K was 134F on the track!

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    I created a thread about that a week ago...and got nothing, so I'm thinking that things are not goin so well....she should have just pulled out of Drake.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Has anyone heard about Lolo Jones's progress with her injury rehab? I think that her last race was at Drake Relays about two months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Oh and I see Sanya in the 2 and 4...TD is she contesting both?
    I'm not TD, but I noticed a salient fact about Sanya's 200 entry. She didn't use her 22.50 from 2008. In addition, 200 heat is about one hour before 400 final. I assume that her 200 entry is in case of a 400 DQ in heat or semi.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    [quote="texas_speed"]So....a couple more things....
    I see Allyson entered in the 1 and 4....is she trying to make the 4x1 team again?

Women's 400 semi is about 1 1/2 hours before 100 final. Felix has never run 400 rounds, so that is a potential problem. Adding the 100 would be even more difficult.

She ran 4x100 in three meets, but no 100 from the blocks. I suspect that absent injury/illness she will run 400. After her 200 win at Carson she said that she hadn't done speed work.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Oh and I see Sanya in the 2 and 4...TD is she contesting both?

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    So....a couple more things....

I see Allyson entered in the 1 and 4....is she trying to make the 4x1 team again?

Also, Torri is entered in the 100 so it would seem she hasn't hung it up as some thought.

Also, Lajerald Betters is listed as competing unattached in the 4. He'll be fresh...that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by Moura
    Carruthers and McKinney were added to entry lists and surprise (at least for me) Allen Johnson too!
    Whoa....I aint mad at him, Johnson is what about 40? He's still staying competitive...I saw him at the Reebok Inv in NY a month back or so, still looked in shape.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X