X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gordon18
    Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
    Originally posted by nbonaddio
    0.049 RT for Lewis-Francis in the B race.
    And despite that he false started he only managed 10,40...
    lol haha, do why didn't they stop the race

I think 15yr Jazeel Murphy ran a 10.40 before. Also the result of the 200m is also pathetic...28yr running 20.96, yet again Jazeel Murphy ran 20.91 PB.

I wonder why Yohan Blake wasn't in the 100m, I'm sure he could've done better than a 10.49 (if he start of course ) I think that no start in Carson in May really. I hope he will be ready for trials...because he has ever chance just as the other guys to be that 3 100m runner on JA team for Berlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by toyracer
      Originally posted by skiboo
      Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
      Tyson who
      Tyson the guy who ran 9.77 with less wind than Bolt did today. More impressively Tyson owner of history's number 3 200 time. Show some respect. :roll:
      This is kinda funny, you speak as if Bolt doesn't have faster times than Gay in both the 100m and 200m with less wind than Gay. As I said, kinda funny, not jumping into the whole Bolt vs Gay thing.
      Not at all. I mean to draw attention to the fact that Tyson Gay should hardly be written off because Bolt runs a 9.77, just after Gay has cranked out a 19.58 - in a season opener. Gay certainly deserves more respect than he got on this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
        Originally posted by Gordon18
        Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
        Originally posted by nbonaddio
        0.049 RT for Lewis-Francis in the B race.
        And despite that he false started he only managed 10,40...
        lol haha, do why didn't they stop the race

I think 15yr Jazeel Murphy ran a 10.40 before. Also the result of the 200m is also pathetic...28yr running 20.96, yet again Jazeel Murphy ran 20.91 PB.

I wonder why Yohan Blake wasn't in the 100m, I'm sure he could've done better than a 10.49 (if he start of course ) I think that no start in Carson in May really. I hope he will be ready for trials...because he has ever chance just as the other guys to be that 3 100m runner on JA team for Berlin.
        Wow
        Afrikan

Comment

• Does anyone have a youtube link to the race? I searched over there but came up empty
          Cows need love too

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
            Yes, Bolt rounding up in shape!!! About two weeks left for JA nationals, and few rounds at nationals should sharpen up this some more. His next circuit race is in 200m in at Lasuanne and I can't wait!!! The goal is Berlin.

Pickering looked mad as hell (before race), but it serve him well to follow Usain. But, for the .1 extra wind, he would've a mile stone in his career.

The meet atmosphere and the crowd was great!!

Last year after the Jamaican trials, Mills said Bolt was running too fast and he had to pull him back. The approach this year is to achieve one peak. With a better start, say .17 reaction, he would be around 9.85 basic. That's .16 off the WR and we are in June. It looks like he has much speed work to do. I can see him getting close to the WR or even breaking it in August.

Asafa and Tyson will have to be in 9.7 low shape to have a chance against an injury-free Bolt come August.

If his confidence was shaky before this race, then it should be much better now. He knows exactly where he is right now. He just has to keep the hammer down in training.

Comment

• This is funny. One minute no one wants to give Tyson is props for his 19.58...mainly the Jamaican bandwagon riders, now they want people to recognize Bolt's 9.77.......WOW!!!!

Comment

• Come on man. We have given Tyson ample credit for his 19.58. We are just happy that Bolt is beginning to show us that he will be ready for August.

Comment

• Here is the race.

Just great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH4EcxSUjmY
                  Cows need love too

Comment

• Originally posted by justblaze1011
                    This is funny. One minute no one wants to give Tyson is props for his 19.58...mainly the Jamaican bandwagon riders, now they want people to recognize Bolt's 9.77.......WOW!!!!
                    Why does it have to go back and fourth though.

Most of the regulars appreciate both times and marvel at both performances.

Why scooping down to their level and saying im not recognising this performance because they didnt recognise Gay's performance going to help anything. Its just means its constantly going to be back and fourth like it did on trackshark.

The us vs them attitude is stupid, obviously a bit of your own nation's bias is normal and good for the board.

Plus going against Bolt will pretty much mean you will lose for the foreseeable future.

Comment

This is funny. One minute no one wants to give Tyson is props for his 19.58...mainly the Jamaican bandwagon riders, now they want people to recognize Bolt's 9.77.......WOW!!!!
                      Agreed.

Comment

• There are a lot of "what if's" in these thread. Let's just say nice job for his run, all the over analyzation doesn't matter...

Comment

• Originally posted by rudeboy

Last year after the Jamaican trials, Mills said Bolt was running too fast and he had to pull him back. The approach this year is to achieve one peak. With a better start, say .17 reaction, he would be around 9.85 basic. That's .16 off the WR and we are in June. It looks like he has much speed work to do. I can see him getting close to the WR or even breaking it in August.

Asafa and Tyson will have to be in 9.7 low shape to have a chance against an injury-free Bolt come August.

If his confidence was shaky before this race, then it should be much better now. He knows exactly where he is right now. He just has to keep the hammer down in training.
                          Yeah, it's fair to say he's going to keep the hammer down...he says he's working hard to get back to Beijing shape or close to it. Mills, even said he's not worried, because the goal is Berlin. Well, all I can say is that a injury free Bolt isn't going to take any prisoners in Berlin, so everyone better come prepare to compete both physically and mentally. Asafa really have the tools to be more competitive( atleast finish in the same photo as Bolt), if only his darn head is right. 9.77 is commonplace for him, so his body used to it, but his mind the problem when we reach Championships time. I betting on him to compete and get a silver medal, because I don't see Bolt being beat in Berlin.

Comment

• After Bolt's amazing run today(coupled with last years 3 Golds/3 WR's in Beijing), no one will ever doubt whether he deserves the $250,000 per race fee he currently commands.

Dominating performance.
                            Cows need love too

Comment

• Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                              Here is the race.

Just great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH4EcxSUjmY
                              Thanks for the link. I'm off to watch it over and over.!!

Comment

yea lol the bias is embarrassing, i'm a Bolt fan, i only really come on here when he runs lol, but i'm a track fan and i won't let that cloud other peoples achievements, i mean damn, tryna act like a 19.58 doesn't count for anything lol

Comment

Working...
                                X