Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    what time does the meet begin?
    already underway, the main programme starts in about 2 hours from now (17:45 local time)

looks a bit cloudy

Comment

And empty...so this is just the early portion.

Funny though that he says he isn't targeting the WR this yr though....

Comment

I think he might also trying to take some of the pressure off. Earlier in the season he seemed confident that he could break the WR again.

Comment

Originally posted by T&F_LA
          Originally posted by knockout
          $100,000 bonus for world record apparently :-)

If he did it that would probably take Bolts earnings from racing in the last month to circa $750k I would guess :-)
          He just accepted he's not nearly in the same shape as he was 12 months ago. When asked he said he's targeting a 9.8 for today (Meeting record is 9.85, I think). He actually said , with other words, he's not targeting a WR this year.

http://www.iaaf.org/WCH09/news/kind=100 ... 51159.html

That $100,000 bonus is for anyone who breaks a world record at the meet.

With the weather forecast seems to be good (lets hope it stays it course, but you never know mother nature.) I'm looking for a sub- 9.8 or a low 9.8. Can't wait.

Comment

Sportfanx, who besides Bolt has ANY shot at breaking that record in the field? I'm sure Bolt IS the reason the incentive is there.

Comment

People who said sponsors and commercial commitments could affect his performances were apparently right

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                Sportfanx, who besides Bolt has ANY shot at breaking that record in the field? I'm sure Bolt IS the reason the incentive is there.
                Barbora Spotakova? Dayron Robles?
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy
                  I think he might also trying to take some of the pressure off. Earlier in the season he seemed confident that he could break the WR again.
                  yea i agree, i don't really expect what Usain will run based on what he says, because last year before the Olympics,he said the winning time will be in the 9.85 region lol, looking foward to see him running though, is Dwight Philips jumping?????

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                    Barbora Spotakova? Dayron Robles?
                    They are not in the m-100m. Meet organisers have put the money up specifically for the m-100m.

Comment

I'm sure too, but I don't think they asked him if he was that fit when they decided to put an incentive. Even if they asked him, the meeting attracts more people if the possibility is there.

Or maybe Bolt is just taking pressure off, as rudeboy says. Could be, but IMO that's not his style

Comment

They have the bonus price for World Records broken by anyone. Also, maybe you forget that D. Robles (the Cuban, 110h Olympic Gold) broke the world record there last year.

Comment

Dayron Robles?
                          No way he's fit to break his own WR. He's coming back from an injury. SB 13.30.

Comment

The incentive has always been there, fair enough. But it has NOT been publicize like it has this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon18

i don't really expect what Usain will run based on what he says, because last year before the Olympics,he said the winning time will be in the 9.85 region lol
                              Good point to be considered

Comment

Originally posted by T&F_LA
                                Dayron Robles?
                                No way he's fit to break his own WR. He's coming back from an injury. SB 13.30.
                                Oh, OK, I'm not saying he's likely to do it. But last year he didn't have a great SB prior to setting the WR, either.
                                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                                X