• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men juco champ, 200, 400, are faster than ncaa champ

Men juco champ, 200, 400, are faster than ncaa champ

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, it happens. I believe in '98 Barton County was the #2 power ranked team in the country behind UCLA. I might be wrong on that though. it is no secret, Juco has some studs!

Comment

Several Jucos are just D-1 farm teams and, yes, they have some studs and sutdettes.
        I worked the Juco Nationals at Hutch a couple of weeks ago. The horizontal jumps there are quarantined in a pen outside the stadium so didn't get to see much track but heard lots of enthusiasic reaction to the races..
        Juco is kinda fun to work, important but a little bit low key. The noticeable thing is the athletes are all very agreeable "good kids", follow directions and are generally easier to manage before they "move up."

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
          Several Jucos are just D-1 farm teams and, yes, they have some studs and sutdettes.
          I worked the Juco Nationals at Hutch a couple of weeks ago. The horizontal jumps there are quarantined in a pen outside the stadium so didn't get to see much track but heard lots of enthusiasic reaction to the races..
          Juco is kinda fun to work, important but a little bit low key. The noticeable thing is the athletes are all very agreeable "good kids", follow directions and are generally easier to manage before they "move up."
          Man, you'd love DIII then. You just have to wait every few years for a Edwin Moses, Karl Paranya, Andrew Rock, Jeremy Scott, or Nick Symmonds.

Comment

DI had 20.55/-1.6; how much of the difference was differential wind? Also, rounds might be more enervating in DI. (of course, the wind differential was not too big a deal in the 400, as long as it was not too windy, which slows times overall)

Comment

And no they are not faster than the NCAA champs. Go look at their PR's!!!

Lock this thread please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio
                [Man, you'd love DIII then. You just have to wait every few years for a Edwin Moses, Karl Paranya, Andrew Rock, Jeremy Scott, or Nick Symmonds.
                Yep, I have worked several DII champs and the same comments applyl.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011

In the 400 your DEAD wrong, buddy. Jonathan Borlee PR is what he ran at NCAAs and Kevins is 44.88. The first and second place finishers at JUCO both have faster PRs.

44.73 Latoy Williams
                  44.77 Tabarie Henry

Now say sowwy.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                    Originally posted by justblaze1011

In the 400 your DEAD wrong, buddy. Jonathan Borlee PR is what he ran at NCAAs and Kevins is 44.88. The first and second place finishers at JUCO both have faster PRs.

44.73 Latoy Williams
                    44.77 Tabarie Henry

Now say sowwy.
                    It don't matter, Henry will be in an Aggie uniform next year so he can introduce himself to the twins should they decide to stay at FSU.

Comment

Technically it does matter, especially for someone who claims to be SO knowledgeable.

A quick search couls have given him correct info. But I digress.

Comment

What's Juco and who are WIlliams and Henry! :shock:

Could I get a link tot he results?

Comment

Ok well i didn't read the entire thread which was my fault, either way, whats the point of this thread??? I mean, you put no substance in this thread other than the opening nonsense that really doesn't say much.

And Keithrun, guru of track (LMAO :lol: ) or whatever the hell you call yourself, stop hating please!!! Cuz I done buried you so many times its not funny!!! Making picks and actually knowing the sport is two differnt things, so allow me to kill your only source of ammo!!

Now just so I can go to my old TS ways and destroy another member of a track forum, you must take things into account...pay attention!!!

1. Three rounds vs. two rounds
                          2. Tougher competition at the NCAA meet compared to the NJCAA. If I'm not mistaking, the two top 400m runners ran like 47 to 46 high in order two make it to the finals (47.02 and 46.88) Run that at the NCAA meet and see what happens!!! Now those two JUCO dudes are the real deal no question. We shall see what happens come Berlin. PR's goes out the window...I believe MJ proved that to Butch seeing that I don't believe Butch EVER beat him while Butch had the world record...Hmmm!!!

OH YEAH>>>>look out below

Charles Clark: 20.22

Alonso Edward: 20.34

AND I'M DONE!!!! Sigh.....another vic!!! I mean damn, 44.77 to 44.78..yeah thats so much faster (rolling my eyes) All that means is one is taller than the other..lol :lol:

Comment

FYI, Williams will be at Tech next year. That 4x4 is going to be nasty if Gil can stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                              FYI, Williams will be at Tech next year. That 4x4 is going to be nasty if Gil can stay healthy.
                              Yikes, that Big12 4x4 will be on fire again next yr....then again, Baylor is at a loss right now... :?

Comment

Working...
                              X