Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by guruof track
    FYI, Williams will be at Tech next year. That 4x4 is going to be nasty if Gil can stay healthy.
    Yikes, that Big12 4x4 will be on fire again next yr....then again, Baylor is at a loss right now... :?
    Williams was the ONLY person to defeat Gil this outdoor season.........has a school ever went 1-2 in the 400?? I think Minnesota went 1 and 3 with Potter and Steele, that may be the closest.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
      Originally posted by "guruof track":twpbkaps
      FYI, Williams will be at Tech next year. That 4x4 is going to be nasty if Gil can stay healthy.
      Yikes, that Big12 4x4 will be on fire again next yr....then again, Baylor is at a loss right now... :?
      Williams was the ONLY person to defeat Gil this outdoor season.........has a school ever went 1-2 in the 400?? I think Minnesota went 1 and 3 with Potter and Steele, that may be the closest.[/quote:twpbkaps]

Didn't Alleynce Francique and Pete Coley go 1-2 in an indoor champs? I could be hugely mistaken though...?

Comment

I think you are right, but I was refering to outdoor more so.

Comment

Really what this thread IMO amounts to is this, exceptions to the rule. Certainly by and large, the NCAA will havev better marks across the board, the historical facts bear this out.

So again in the case of this thread, this is the exception, not the rule.
          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
            Really what this thread IMO amounts to is this, exceptions to the rule. Certainly by and large, the NCAA will havev better marks across the board, the historical facts bear this out.

I don't thinks its necessrily the exception. Its not by normal though. But when Barton had Tyson, Mullings, Wilson they were probably faster than ANY D1 team. I think it happens more than people realize, not that it happens every year.

Comment

I don't thinks its necessrily the exception. Its not by normal though. But when Barton had Tyson, Mullings, Wilson they were probably faster than ANY D1 team. I think it happens more than people realize, not that it happens every year.
              Again those are exceptions, when you weigh the scale, the NCAA across the board has the faster, better marks, year in and year out. Of course there will be exceptions.
              on the road

Comment

Again those are exceptions, when you weigh the scale, the NCAA across the board has the faster, better marks, year in and year out. Of course there will be exceptions.
                Agreed. This reminds me of the threads you see on letsrun or dyestat (and probably trackshark) where DII or DIII fans use a Rock or Symmonds to prove that DIII is as competitive as DI.

Comment

.........has a school ever went 1-2 in the 400?? I think Minnesota went 1 and 3 with Potter and Steele, that may be the closest.
                  USC '42: Cliff Bourland, John Wachtler
                  UCLA '88: Danny Everett, Steve Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                    .........has a school ever went 1-2 in the 400?? I think Minnesota went 1 and 3 with Potter and Steele, that may be the closest.
                    USC '42: Cliff Bourland, John Wachtler
                    UCLA '88: Danny Everett, Steve Lewis
                    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                      Agreed. This reminds me of the threads you see on letsrun or dyestat (and probably trackshark) where DII or DIII fans use a Rock or Symmonds to prove that DIII is as competitive as DI.
                      Any TSer will tell you that I'm the biggest DIII fan in the history of the sport but I don't think I would ever, ever say anything so ridiculous. I always adhere to what I called the second rule, being that in my specific event (400m), a second was the difference between the elite athletes at each level. If D1 was 45.00, D3 was 47.00 and so on.

Just off the top of my head (other than the obvious Gilkes/Moses), Rock is the only one who I'd have given a good shot at being AA at the D1 NCs. Symmonds has the DIII record in the 800 at 1:45 but he ran that a few months after the season ended, and I don't know if he could have survived the rounds. I don't know as much about Paranya, Scott, or Ben Dreyer to really guess. Jan Cado (56'5" TJ) definitely could have.

Comment

Those used to be the actual athlete hyping himself up in "undercover mode"

(i.e. NJCU........................) ops: :lol:

Those threads were hillarious!

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                          Originally posted by "guruof track":2wy25kk4
                          Williams was the ONLY person to defeat Gil this outdoor season.........has a school ever went 1-2 in the 400?? I think Minnesota went 1 and 3 with Potter and Steele, that may be the closest.[/quote:2wy25kk4]

That 2003 open and relay were both ridiculous. I remember seeing the YT but I believe it got pulled. Lundin had those Gophers rolling. Baylor of course deserves all their plaudits but the Merritt/Buzard/Steele/Potter relay was sick as well. IIRC they had a few other guys who were also splitting sub-46 in Wohlin and Jakobsson.

Comment

Oh God. Do not even get me started Knite.

Half of those threads ended up with me getting death threats in my private messages Inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio

Half of those threads ended up with me getting death threats in my private messages Inbox.
                              Between them and that 400m guy that folks got all bent outta shape for you with....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio

Between them and that 400m guy that folks got all bent outta shape for you with....LOL
                                The truth hurts.

Oh man, I wish I still had that Joe Shelton #1 foam finger graphic. Talk about a meltdown

Comment

Working...
                                X