Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doping rule violations

http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=51181.html

Elmar Lichtenegger receives a lifetime ban. I must say he seems to have slipped under the radar and I didn't realise he had failed one drug test let alone two!

Leão CARVHALO (POR) - 10 years ineligibility :shock:
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Re: Doping rule violations

Originally posted by nevetsllim
    Leão CARVHALO (POR) - 10 years ineligibility :shock:
    I was just about to start a thread for the same thing. And to think that Carvalho simply tested positive for Cocaine?! Hardly performance enhancing! The ban was imposed by the Portugese athletics federation.

And another five athletes to add to the ever-growing list of Russian druggies. Most are no-namers, but the most notable of the recent bunch is 4:02 1500m runner Yelena Kanales.

Comment

Re: Doping rule violations

Originally posted by Jon
      And to think that Carvalho simply tested positive for Cocaine?! Hardly performance enhancing!
      I don't approve of cocaine. But my reasons have nothing to do with T&F.

Why do the sports authorities make a bad problem worse by adding all this flotsam and jetsam to their list of "bad" stuff?

Comment

For cocaine??? That is ridiculous. This really undermines the anti-doping efforts. Shorter suspensions for coke, pot, etc., might be ok, but 10 years??? Shouldn't the ban be based on the performance-enhancing potential of the substance after all?

Comment

I agree, I remember a Spanish tennis player tested positive for cocaine and she received a three-month ban!

I'm not saying Carvalho should go unpunished but 10-years is ridiculous, because it suggests it's worse than PEDs.
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Odd. Portugal has abolished criminal penalties for personal possession of cocaine (and all other drugs), choosing to have replaced punishment for therapy. Carvhalo may need to go into therapy after being slapped with that shocker for him.

Comment

In Cycling they handed down their first attempts at using the 'biological passport' (longitudinal assessment of blood values) to five riders, one a former World Champion (Road) but who has not been a major player lately.

"The first rider has been suspended for a doping violation under the UCI's biological passport system. Lampre's Pietro Caucchioli has been suspended by his team after being named by the UCI as one of five riders who showed abnormal values in the year-old system. "...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...port-violators

Comment

Thes people are backwards....2 yrs for PED's and 10 for Coke. I'm not saying cocaine is okay but damn!
                Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
                  Thes people are backwards....2 yrs for PED's and 10 for Coke. I'm not saying cocaine is okay but damn!
                  Could it be that this is his second offense? and that instead of getting life he got 10 years? That would make it a less harsher penalty. :? or is it a miss print and its actually 1 year. :idea:

Comment

I always thought the English rugby player Matt Stevens' 2-year ban for taking cocaine was ridiculously harsh...6-7 months as Adrian Mutu got was about fair.

of course the same ban for T&F athletes taking PEDs is ridiculously lenient. (I'd give footballers shorter bans than T&F athletes, because drugs, PEDs or otherwise, don't improve skills.)

I think if Stevens deserved such a long ban then Mike Tindall should have also been banned for drink driving.

Comment

Working...
                    X