NON High Jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NON High Jump

Erik Kynard will face James White this weekend in a very highly anticipated high jump batle at the high school nationals. There are also a ridiculous number of other 7-foot jumpers or higher that will be in the field.
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

One things for sure - it will definitely be hot competition, in more ways than one. Boys HJ final starts at 2:00 PM Saturday. Forecast high temp? 95
    There are no strings on me

Comment

It took 2.10 to get out of prelims at nationals this year. Looks like top 9 qualify for the finals for NON. I think itll take 6'9.

Comment

Will Keith Moffatt former Morehouse ace be among the participants he has yet to live up to his potential I felt he should have in China last year.

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018
          Will Keith Moffatt former Morehouse ace be among the participants he has yet to live up to his potential I felt he should have in China last year.
          ? NON is a high school (age) meet.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
            Originally posted by dal4018
            ? NON is a high school (age) meet.
            Okay thank you.

Comment

Ahhh nice, cannot beat a good high school battle.

This thread took me back to the summer of 1991 in Stoke on Trent , UK.

The English Schools final, Senior Boys high jump competition.

It was Eagerly awaited as we had Stephen Smith (Merseyside) and Brendan Reilly (Northants) both in great form.

The previous year Reilly has jumped 2m20 to Smiths 2m12 to take gold but Reilly had jumped 2m27 (7 feet 5.3) and Smith 2m25 (7 feet 4.5). Stunning PRs produced by 17 year olds.

In the end Reilly won with a 2m24 clearance, unfortunately i cannot remember what Smith jumped, however a year later he was World Junior champion with a 2m37 clearance.

Comment

Hard to believe that steve smith is only 3 years older than stefan holm, injuries do suck. Back to the NON, itll be a good chance to see which jumpers might step up next year, and which will do less well under pressure. I havent heard anything about white in a couple of months, has he been jumping well?

Comment

Originally posted by hjumper33
                  Hard to believe that steve smith is only 3 years older than stefan holm, injuries do suck. Back to the NON, itll be a good chance to see which jumpers might step up next year, and which will do less well under pressure. I havent heard anything about white in a couple of months, has he been jumping well?
                  This is a summary of his season. He's still over 7' most of the time, just flying a little under the radar at present.

http://mo.milesplit.us/athletes/161459
                  If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Here's a snipit from Dyestat and a prediction.

What 2 Watch 4: When the bar gets to 7 feet in the high jump, watch to see how many of the 10 7-footers entered are still alive – or how many of the 9 others at 6-10 or better are PR-hunting. Beyond that, a potential skyscraping duel between NIN champ Erik Kynard OH (7-04.50 PR) and breakout US leader James White MO 7-05.75. Kynard has vast big meet experience, while White’s biggest previous meet has been the Kansas Relays, so it will be interesting to see how both handle the pressure.

The Predictions:
                    High Jump: 1. Kynard, 2. White, 3. Tanner Anderson NC – Winning Mark: 7-05

Comment

Working...
                    X