Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbits for the Olympics and Worlds

I think for races of 1500 up to 10k we should allow rabbits.Not only would it produce quality races instead of this sprint one lap mentality,but it would spread people out so that they dont hurt themselves or others.

I have not been a real fan of a number of your comments (but have liked others); this one is at the bottom of the heap.

Comment

Personally, I don't like to see "rabbits" on the track. Hell, if you are not out there to run the whole race and win, then don't waste my time having to look at you. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

I know all about rabbits on the track.
        I think this might be the best response to them(and your idea):

http://www.vancouversun.com/Health/offe ... story.html

Comment

Re: Rabbits for the Olympics and Worlds

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
          I think for races of 1500 up to 10k we should allow rabbits.Not only would it produce quality races instead of this sprint one lap mentality,but it would spread people out so that they dont hurt themselves or others.
          There have been many moments where I believe william has been simply toying with people. This is no doubt one of them.
          On the other hand, although I do think the idea is proposed tongue in cheek, he does have a point. Why have rabbits for any race? If it is partially for the entertainment of the spectators (and you can define that as you wish), then why not at the championships? Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
            Pre-race meeting: "Since this is a championship, and we have to give people their ÔéČuro's worth, Weiss, you have lap number one in the 1.500m; make sure you stay in front of pack, smile at the camera, but give a good effort.

"Wuldemeier, you have the second lap. Same rules and conditions apply.

"Kraft, you have to lead the third lap up until the bell, because this will be where the men will start to get anxious about the finish, and they don't need the distraction of which one will be out there in front, so just take it and hold the position that Wuldy gives you.

"As for you, Klappenschauerfeuermeister, you're job is to be there during any of the three laps in case one or all of the above should run into trouble."

Gun's up, race is now off, and, lo and behold, it's a true championship underway, folks. Weiss leads as commanded. The field, eager to run an excellent strategic race, bunches up behind him. Sixty four. Excellent.

Wuldy moves up past the field before the 800m mark, and aptly takes his assigned spot at the front of the pack at the given time. Two-o-seven.

Kraft, running true to his surname, has pushed the pace from the 800m mark out through 1.000m, and safely brings the rabbitted race through to the bell, 400 metres from the finish line.

Klappenschauerfeuermeister, the perceptive man he is, moves up to the lead at 1.100m and pushes the pace to 1.200m where he thought Kraft was supposed to conclude his chores. However, Klappenschauerfeuermeister doesn't stop, rather he sprints down the backstretch, motions with his hands for the athletes behind to pass, but no one has yet taken up that offer. Two hundred metres remain... Klappenschauerfeuermeister rounds the turn and is desperate to call it a day; damn Kraft was supposed to run the third lap, but he stopped 100m short, leaving Klappenschauerfeuermeister to take his place and keep going until someone was supposed to pass him, he thought. But where was that point?

Home stretch: Klappenschauerfeuermeister is waving left, looking right and tightening up as heck. He moves wide into lane four and begs someone to pass him. Fifty metres from the line, Klappenschauerfeuermeister decides enough is enough... he stops. The crowd gasps. The athletes behind become puzzled. They start to catch back up during their 51-second final lap sprints.

Then it happens.

Klappenschauerfeuermeister starts back up and leads the team home past the finish line just like a rabbit is supposed to do.

Winning time: 3.36,68.

Foreign newspapers make a hero out of Hernan Augustus Klappenschauerfeuermeister, who, incidentally, was "promoted" following the race and moved to a desk job in a tall building in Zentrum.

And that, folks, is how Bugs Bunny and Friends ends today just before william junior's bedtime. Check back with Elmer tomorrow for news on the 5.000m and the tricks silly rabbits play with kids.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
              Check back with Elmer tomorrow for news on the 5.000m and the tricks silly rabbits play with kids.
              How about a re-run of the 3000 in LA? Maybe Slaney won't trip over Budds feet in this version? That will send him to sleep with a smile.

Comment

There's a time and place for rabbits. In the Golden (Diamond?) League, where they can hit great marks AND race, it makes sense; in any kind of championship, not. It's that simple.

Comment

We should have rabbits in every race so runners dont get hurt. The pain and injury of non-rabbited races is too painful to watch. Dont you anti-rabbit people care about the athletes and their pain and suffering?
                  phsstt!

Comment

'rabbits will prevent injuries'

anagrams to

'Juvenile blisters brain twirp.'

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                      'rabbits will prevent injuries'
                      anagrams to
                      'Juvenile blisters brain twirp.'
                      Enough said.
                      "Petite EPelle" anagrams to

"Little Pee Pee"

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

I'm actually against rabbits in any meet, let the runners who are competing and trying to win, have the guts to run an effective race model so they can win, without the rabbit pushing the pace for them.
                        on the road

Comment

Funny. Little pee pee does sound better than little wee wee, I suppose ;-)

Comment

"Tafnut Marlow" anagrams to "anal tuft worm"
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

One of the best known such races was the Seville 1999 1500m. Looking at it again on U-tube. (1) Kaouch was the "rabbit" from almost exactly 30 s to 120 s in the race, El G led the rest of the way. (2) The races real character was set up by Estevez coming up at the bell to push the pace, which led to a much faster race - the fastest OG or WC race yet? (3) Without (2) could Ngeny have reeled in El G on the last lap, as he did in Sydney in 2000? I doubt it and point out (a) the won loss record between these two in direct clashes. (b) Ngeny had few winning sub 3:46 (mile), 3:29 (1500) races - as compared to a vast slew in El G's name. Most of Ngeny's really fast times were set by chasing El G.

Conclusion: Rabbit or no rabbit, this was a very exciting race, and was won by the best runner/racer.

Comment

Working...
                              X