Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not favor rabbits in any race at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      What about jumping rabbits? :wink: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by ndamix
        What about jumping rabbits? :wink: :lol:
        Nope, they mess up the sand. :evil:

Comment

This would eliminate a large number of 1500m/mile records. One may as well start in the 1940s, throw in Bannister's run, Elliott's Dublin race, a number of Coe/Ovett efforts, most of Morcelli and El G's. Should one throw in Walter George's effort? Part of the problem is what exactly is a rabbit. If a person sets the pace for say 2-3 laps and finishes the race, but way back, is he a rabbit?

Comment

Originally posted by catson52
            f a person sets the pace for say 2-3 laps and finishes the race, but way back, is he a rabbit?
            Yes, he/she is probably still a rabbit but since it is difficult/impossible to prove intent, ya got me.

Comment

There's no point in having a rabbit in a major meet, that is what the competition is for.

Comment

f a person sets the pace for say 2-3 laps and finishes the race, but way back, is he a rabbit?
                Yes, he/she is probably still a rabbit but since it is difficult/impossible to prove intent, ya got me.
                Let's not muddy the waters, the rabbits we're referencing are the one's who are paid to set the pace, those rabbits. Again IMO, forget the rabbits, if you want a certain pace as an athlete, train for it and YOU run that pace YOU want..
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                  "Tafnut Marlow" anagrams to "anal tuft worm"
                  I anagrammed 'Powell the Pole' but just got a lot of 'poop' jokes! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                    There's no point in having a rabbit in a major meet, that is what the competition is for.
                    If you like 3:41 1500s and 13:45 5000s, then you are correct, sir!
                    I see rabbits as 'Honesty Keepers'. If you win a Golden League meet, you should have to pay the price of a hyper-fast pace. If you win a championship meet, you can sit and kick all you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                      Let's not muddy the waters, the rabbits we're referencing are the one's who are paid to set the pace, those rabbits. Again IMO, forget the rabbits, if you want a certain pace as an athlete, train for it and YOU run that pace YOU want..
                      "Payment" can take differnt forms. From Bannister's race, Chataway (in TF circles) is as well known for that effort as (a) beating Kuts in a 3 mile (or was it 5 K?) WR race at White City, and his fall on the final turn in the Helsinki 5K. Brasher, though an OG champion, is equally well known for his pace setting effort in one of history's most famous "races".

Comment

No need to argue here, as the IAAF are not instituting rabbits in major champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                          I anagrammed 'Powell the Pole' but just got a lot of 'poop' jokes! :twisted:
                          I got "tell people how" :P
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

But if a legit finalist is willing to sacrifice himself for a teammate like Kaouch did, there's nothing they can do about it.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                              But if a legit finalist is willing to sacrifice himself for a teammate like Kaouch did, there's nothing they can do about it.
                              I agree, but the individual goals was sacrificed for the bigger goal, and that was to make sure El G got the best race possible, that is, for his talentes to outwit everyone else.

Which makes me state why don't the US athletes run with some type of urgency, go for broke why don't you....it shouldn't be enough to go into a heat and lose while running 3:40x

I would feel like I cheated myself

Comment

Working...
                              X