Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not taking sides here. But exactly how is this a cop out? It seems the poster did not find palatable the rules of the board. That is his/her prerogative, and does not constitute a cop out by my understanding of the phrase.

Comment

It's of consequence to state that s/he didn't really even try to submit to a rule s/he was made aware of when they signed up. S/he found these rules to be unsavory and didn't want to commit any further. That was his/her prerogative. I'd degrade it to a lack of committing oneself, but again, that strongly resembles cop out, because they had an opportunity to not participate in the very first place with respect to the rules rather than to state they were not going to accept the rules - and leave - after they'd made a commitment due to the inability to stay confined to those rules.

Comment

Not a cop-out at all. Fully understandable.

But just to clarify, we let people say things all the time that may run counter to "personal beliefs."

Dope talk, however, doesn't fall into that category. We're simply not going to go down the slippery slope of allowing unsubstantiated chat in that area. Forgetting for a minute the liability issues that are part and parcel of such chat, there is the heavy-heavy burden of shame that a true doper has to endure. It's not fair for the innocent to be similarly tarnished. So we enforce zero tolerance.

Even to the point of removing accusations against people we "know" are dirty, but there is no legal evidence against.

Comment

Originally posted by longingfornia
          The PED Bullsh*t is old news from dead enders from 04
          I think she has real chance at making the team as Hooker and Williams havent been setting the world afire either
          I see

1 Jeter
          2 Lee
          3 Edwards
          4 Williams
          5?
          6 Hooker
          7 ?
          8?
          I'd love to take odds with you that Hooker finishes top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

But just to clarify, we let people say things all the time that may run counter to "personal beliefs."

Dope talk, however, doesn't fall into that category. We're simply not going to go down the slippery slope of allowing unsubstantiated chat in that area. Forgetting for a minute the liability issues that are part and parcel of such chat, there is the heavy-heavy burden of shame that a true doper has to endure. It's not fair for the innocent to be similarly tarnished. So we enforce zero tolerance.

Even to the point of removing accusations against people we "know" are dirty, but there is no legal evidence against.
            I have a lot of respect for you...not only for having this policy, but making the effort to uphold it.

Its just the right thing to do.
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
              Originally posted by gh
              I have a lot of respect for you...not only for having this policy, but making the effort to uphold it.
              Its just the right thing to do.
              I agree.
              none

Comment

Me, too.

Comment

I don't understand why people say Torri uses PEDS when their is no evidence of such

Comment

gh well handled.

finalkik we all know you are still reading so read this. You did not state your opinion, you stated something and tried to play it off as fact. When you were called on it and factually refuted you ran like the coward you were for posting that lie in the first place. Whether or not you post again is irrelevant to the fact that you lied, got called out, and ran away.
                    There is no PED offense involved, and the only opinion you stated was about the board rules. Which you are free to state and have been allowed to without rebuke. It was your choice to run and hide, or to go back to your regular sn.

As far as the thread goes. Yes she is very capable and we all wait with baited breathe that she puts it back together Friday. Here we go again...

Comment

This thread is amusing. Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time, therefore she cheated, full stop. It doesnt matter whether the stimulant she used has since been downgraded, she cheated. It doesnt matter whether she was so ignorant as to not know whether she took a remedy that contained a bannend substance, she cheated.

Whether she took the strongest steroid or the softest stimulant, a banned substance is a banned substance. We saw with Kelly White the bizarre drugs athletes will take to gain an advantage. Whether athletes cheat or whether it was inadvertant, the rules are the rules, and just as gh lays down his rules for these boards and we have to follow, so does the IAAF with it's athletes. Torri Edwards committed a doping offence, therefore she is a convicted doper. So, I don't know why we're even having this debate.

Now, back to the exciting prediction of the women's 100m team. I would expect Jeter and Lee to be 'comfortable' in qualifying. My third choice has to be Williams; she raises her game when she needs to and has dipped under 11 secs in a big race this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
                        Now, back to the exciting prediction of the women's 100m team.
                        Wow....this thread isn't about predicting the womens 100m team, it's about if Torri can regain her form.

You mentioned her positive drug test, that's right. but what you failed to mention in keeping things in context, was the implication that she is dirty now. That is why FinalKik was called on the carpet, don't get it twisted. :wink:
                        on the road

Comment

This thread is amusing. Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time, therefore she cheated, full stop.
                          Your predicate is correct: Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time,

Your conclusion is flawed: therefore she cheated, full stop

In fact the board ruled that she had NOT cheated.

Now, is this so difficult to understand or do you just not want to understand it or for it to be the case?

Comment

I still don't see any proff she's a cheat
                            As for regaining form we will see around 7 eastern tonight
                            I think she will be in good form.i hope

Comment

This thread is amusing. Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time, therefore she cheated, full stop. It doesnt matter whether the stimulant she used has since been downgraded, she cheated. It doesnt matter whether she was so ignorant as to not know whether she took a remedy that contained a bannend substance, she cheated.

Whether she took the strongest steroid or the softest stimulant, a banned substance is a banned substance. We saw with Kelly White the bizarre drugs athletes will take to gain an advantage. Whether athletes cheat or whether it was inadvertant, the rules are the rules, and just as gh lays down his rules for these boards and we have to follow, so does the IAAF with it's athletes. Torri Edwards committed a doping offence, therefore she is a convicted doper. So, I don't know why we're even having this debate.

Now, back to the exciting prediction of the women's 100m team. I would expect Jeter and Lee to be 'comfortable' in qualifying. My third choice has to be Williams; she raises her game when she needs to and has dipped under 11 secs in a big race this season.
                              WHOA!!! The world has really gone crazy when i agree with every word you say!!!

:shock:

Comment

A positive test in 04 has no bering on her form in 09
                                Seems the IAAF went out of their way in 05 saying it was a mistake

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X