• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    liuxuan

• liuxuan
    replied
    Re: Torri Edwards Can she regain form of the past

torri is the biggest headcase out there when it comes to major races!

Leave a comment:

• wineturtle

• wineturtle
    replied

All Decade Team-
    She appears on the T&FN World Top 10 in the 100 and 200 and got enough to be in the top 16 American woman overall; Only 3 woman made the decade team in both---- V.Campbell-Brown who ranked ahead of her and Kerron Stewart behind in both.
    If she does retire she can be proud of the footprint she leaves behind.

I hope she runs this year.

Leave a comment:

• longingfornia

• longingfornia
    replied

Wonder if she will compete this summer
    Anyone know?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan

• TrakFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen

Any athlete that breaks the rules should be punished, period. The rules are clear and if you dont find them clear then God help you.
    There is no question concerning the punishment - the question concerns how these athletes are judged by others for their actions. Once again, the Greeks & the Brit were guilty of similar infractions...missing/avoiding a test(s). Are they being judged similarly?

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235

• 26mi235
    replied

Any athlete that breaks the rules should be punished, period. The rules are clear and if you dont find them clear then God help you.
    Rules are 'clear' don't every take anything that might show up on a test.

If you never eat or drink anything [or get a massage] then the implications are also clear; for the rest of the 6+billion people on earth the implications are NOT clear and anyone who thinks that they are is out of touch with the complications of the topic.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle

• EPelle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stephen

• Stephen
    replied
    Originally posted by TrakFan
    ...and whether Greek athletes fake a motorcycle accident to avoid testing or whether a British athlete claims forgetfulness/carelessness and avoids (or misses) 3 tests within a year... Either way, they all should be judged similarly

Ofcourse there are differences with each case, ofcourse an athlete that has taken steroids has gained something more than an athlete that has taken a drug for ADHD or narcolepsy. It's not about that, it's about taking something that you shouldn't, regardless of what it is. Nikethamide is now not on the banned list? I don't care, it was then.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank

• Alan Shank
    replied
    Doesn't look too good for Torri. She was 4th in heat one, qualifying only on time with 11.15, pushed by a 3.2. I didn't see the race, however.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan

• TrakFan
    replied
    ...and whether Greek athletes fake a motorcycle accident to avoid testing or whether a British athlete claims forgetfulness/carelessness and avoids (or misses) 3 tests within a year... Either way, they all should be judged similarly

Leave a comment:

• longingfornia

• longingfornia
    replied
    This thread is amusing. Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time, therefore she cheated, full stop. It doesnt matter whether the stimulant she used has since been downgraded, she cheated. It doesnt matter whether she was so ignorant as to not know whether she took a remedy that contained a bannend substance, she cheated.

Whether she took the strongest steroid or the softest stimulant, a banned substance is a banned substance. We saw with Kelly White the bizarre drugs athletes will take to gain an advantage. Whether athletes cheat or whether it was inadvertant, the rules are the rules, and just as gh lays down his rules for these boards and we have to follow, so does the IAAF with it's athletes. Torri Edwards committed a doping offence, therefore she is a convicted doper. So, I don't know why we're even having this debate.

Now, back to the exciting prediction of the women's 100m team. I would expect Jeter and Lee to be 'comfortable' in qualifying. My third choice has to be Williams; she raises her game when she needs to and has dipped under 11 secs in a big race this season.

A positive test in 04 has no bering on her form in 09
    Seems the IAAF went out of their way in 05 saying it was a mistake

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy

• Flumpy
    replied
    This thread is amusing. Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time, therefore she cheated, full stop. It doesnt matter whether the stimulant she used has since been downgraded, she cheated. It doesnt matter whether she was so ignorant as to not know whether she took a remedy that contained a bannend substance, she cheated.

Whether she took the strongest steroid or the softest stimulant, a banned substance is a banned substance. We saw with Kelly White the bizarre drugs athletes will take to gain an advantage. Whether athletes cheat or whether it was inadvertant, the rules are the rules, and just as gh lays down his rules for these boards and we have to follow, so does the IAAF with it's athletes. Torri Edwards committed a doping offence, therefore she is a convicted doper. So, I don't know why we're even having this debate.

Now, back to the exciting prediction of the women's 100m team. I would expect Jeter and Lee to be 'comfortable' in qualifying. My third choice has to be Williams; she raises her game when she needs to and has dipped under 11 secs in a big race this season.
    WHOA!!! The world has really gone crazy when i agree with every word you say!!!

:shock:

Leave a comment:

• longingfornia

• longingfornia
    replied
    I still don't see any proff she's a cheat
    As for regaining form we will see around 7 eastern tonight
    I think she will be in good form.i hope

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235

• 26mi235
    replied
    This thread is amusing. Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time, therefore she cheated, full stop.
    Your predicate is correct: Edwards failed a test under the rules at that time,

Your conclusion is flawed: therefore she cheated, full stop

In fact the board ruled that she had NOT cheated.

Now, is this so difficult to understand or do you just not want to understand it or for it to be the case?

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Now, back to the exciting prediction of the women's 100m team.
    Wow....this thread isn't about predicting the womens 100m team, it's about if Torri can regain her form.

You mentioned her positive drug test, that's right. but what you failed to mention in keeping things in context, was the implication that she is dirty now. That is why FinalKik was called on the carpet, don't get it twisted. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Stephen

• Stephen
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X