Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey tsm, sounds like you're a fellow Vol. Track and hoops different in that the teams usually participate together. At Tennessee, the M and W are together for Sea Ray, SECs, NCAAs. Sometimes, they go off in different directions for meets, but so what? Sometimes, the respective teams split themseves up for meets and they seem to do just fine. Last year, Vols split for Penn and Drake. I think field event guys went to Drake.

I don't think having one coach overseeing both programs would be bad for us. If it were the right person, it could be great. Look at Pat Henry. Or the FSU coach, even though I think that program is going to start to crumble.

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 19, 2009

LADY VOL MEDIA RELATIONS: Eric Trainer, Associate Director (865-974-8173/[email protected])

LADY VOL ASSISTANT COACH PAULINE DAVIS-THOMPSON RESIGNS

J.J. Clark To Begin Search For Replacement Immediately

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Pauline Davis-Thompson, an assistant coach for the University of Tennessee women’s track & field team, has announced her resignation, Lady Vol Head Coach J.J. Clark said.

“I want to thank Pauline for her time here at Tennessee,” Clark said. “I would like to wish her well in her new endeavors.”

Davis-Thompson, who coached the sprints, jumps and hurdles for the Tennessee women, spent two years with the program, first as a volunteer aide during the 2008 season and then as a full-time assistant this season. During the 2009 campaign, Tennessee won both the NCAA and SEC Indoor Championships and followed that with finishes of 10th and third, respectively, outdoors.

“I was privileged to work with great people/family at UT,” said Davis-Thompson, the 2009 USTFCCCA South Region Indoor Women’s Assistant Coach of the Year. “That opportunity allowed me to coach a World and U.S. Junior 100m champion in Jeneba Tarmoh and an indoor and outdoor SEC champion in Celriece Law, who broke the indoor school record in the hurdles. I look forward to continuing to coach champions in the future.”

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
        Hey tsm, sounds like you're a fellow Vol. Track and hoops different in that the teams usually participate together. At Tennessee, the M and W are together for Sea Ray, SECs, NCAAs. Sometimes, they go off in different directions for meets, but so what? Sometimes, the respective teams split themseves up for meets and they seem to do just fine. Last year, Vols split for Penn and Drake. I think field event guys went to Drake.

I don't think having one coach overseeing both programs would be bad for us. If it were the right person, it could be great. Look at Pat Henry. Or the FSU coach, even though I think that program is going to start to crumble.
        Not to mention Oregon, which has unlimited resources, and Arizona State and LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by RQ
          FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 19, 2009

LADY VOL MEDIA RELATIONS: Eric Trainer, Associate Director (865-974-8173/[email protected])

LADY VOL ASSISTANT COACH PAULINE DAVIS-THOMPSON RESIGNS

J.J. Clark To Begin Search For Replacement Immediately

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Pauline Davis-Thompson, an assistant coach for the University of Tennessee women’s track & field team, has announced her resignation, Lady Vol Head Coach J.J. Clark said.

“I want to thank Pauline for her time here at Tennessee,” Clark said. “I would like to wish her well in her new endeavors.”

Davis-Thompson, who coached the sprints, jumps and hurdles for the Tennessee women, spent two years with the program, first as a volunteer aide during the 2008 season and then as a full-time assistant this season. During the 2009 campaign, Tennessee won both the NCAA and SEC Indoor Championships and followed that with finishes of 10th and third, respectively, outdoors.

“I was privileged to work with great people/family at UT,” said Davis-Thompson, the 2009 USTFCCCA South Region Indoor Women’s Assistant Coach of the Year. “That opportunity allowed me to coach a World and U.S. Junior 100m champion in Jeneba Tarmoh and an indoor and outdoor SEC champion in Celriece Law, who broke the indoor school record in the hurdles. I look forward to continuing to coach champions in the future.”
          She was fired last week!!! Trust me on this! She didn't resign.

Comment

is that the wheels of change I hear grinding or is that just my stomach? What is to happen to Deca-U ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown

Texas still has separate athletic departments.
              Effectively, I might add.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                So?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                  So?
                  LOL oh boy, if this site wasn't so REP. I would go in on you!!! Oh well, I will step away from the computer..lol

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    So?
                    So... if jb is spot on...it matters what the truth is...no?

I mean they can say she resigned because frankly it looks better on her resume. But if she was fired its nice to hear the truth and I'll bet she wants someone to know that she was pushed out.

She might feel betrayed...

No?
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

I wish her luck! She wasn't even at NC's!!!

I mean think about it, resign after ONE year???? Come on now, even a blind man could see the BS!!!

Comment

I don't know for sure, but it seems like the Vol women regressed in sprints, hurdles. Lynne Layne fell of the map. Celriece Law I think went backwards, too.

I figured she was canned but didn't know for sure. Still don't, but it seems that way.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                          So?
                          LOL oh boy, if this site wasn't so REP. I would go in on you!!! Oh well, I will step away from the computer..lol
                          You are completely wrong! She was DEFINITELY at the NCAA's as I saw her there - every day! You know, coach-to-coach, that sort of thing ...

You might want to fact check your misinformation before you begin projecting your opinions as truth.

That said, it is "strange" for an indoor assistant of the year to resign, or be "asked" - if that is what happened, 3 months after receiving the award.

And BillVol
                          Celreice Law won the SEC 60h and 100h. She also was second to Ofili at indoor nationals and set the Lady Vol school record. You describe that as "falling off"? Layne fell off, though she was second at SEC indoors, but THAT is where the story is ...

Comment

Uh oh!

Sooooo....who's right? Was she there or not? What kind of shoes was she wearing? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by 7-sided
                              [And BillVol
                              Celreice Law won the SEC 60h and 100h. She also was second to Ofili at indoor nationals and set the Lady Vol school record. And, you describe that as "falling off"? Layne fell off, though she was second at SEC indoors, but THAT is where the story is ...
                              Thanks. I couldn't remember. Man just a week out of the season and I'm already out of form.

Comment

Re: Vols ponder "Director of Track and Field" opti

Originally posted by BillVol
                                Tennessee is considering combining men's and women's programs under a "Director of Track and Field" position. If that happens, I assume the job is J.J. Clark's.

Also, Aaron Ausmus, former Vol All-American putter, almost certainly will be named strength coach for the men's athletic program.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/jun ... h-coach-h/
                                When J.J. Clark was interviewed after his team won the NCAA Indoor he named and thanked his staff. I think that he named and thanked Pauline Davis-Thompson and John Frazier. Is John Frazier the 1980s UCLA shot putter?
                                none

Comment

Working...
                                X