• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Re: Vols ponder "Director of Track and Field" opti

Originally posted by BillVol
    Originally posted by Gleason
    When J.J. Clark was interviewed after his team won the NCAA Indoor he named and thanked his staff. I think that he named and thanked Pauline Davis-Thompson and John Frazier. Is John Frazier the 1980s UCLA shot putter?
    Yes... http://www.utladyvols.com/sports/w-trac ... ohn00.html

Thanks for the info about Frazier. I coached him in high school, BUT he was the real coach. I did the chores that required a teaching credential, whereas he was more informed about the shot & disc training than his older teammates and coaches.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Republican maybe??? I'm not sure myself...........

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan
    replied
    Originally posted by justblaze1011

LOL oh boy, if this site wasn't so REP...
    What's "REP"?

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    Uh oh!

Sooooo....who's right? Was she there or not? What kind of shoes was she wearing? :wink:
    texas_speed, JB is gon get you if you keep messing with him. LOL

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied

Originally posted by Gleason
    Tennessee is considering combining men's and women's programs under a "Director of Track and Field" position. If that happens, I assume the job is J.J. Clark's.

Also, Aaron Ausmus, former Vol All-American putter, almost certainly will be named strength coach for the men's athletic program.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/jun ... h-coach-h/
    When J.J. Clark was interviewed after his team won the NCAA Indoor he named and thanked his staff. I think that he named and thanked Pauline Davis-Thompson and John Frazier. Is John Frazier the 1980s UCLA shot putter?
    Yes... http://www.utladyvols.com/sports/w-trac ... ohn00.html

BTW, didn't take them long to remove Pauline's pic:

http://www.utladyvols.com/sports/w-trac ... aches.html

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied

Tennessee is considering combining men's and women's programs under a "Director of Track and Field" position. If that happens, I assume the job is J.J. Clark's.

Also, Aaron Ausmus, former Vol All-American putter, almost certainly will be named strength coach for the men's athletic program.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/jun ... h-coach-h/

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    Originally posted by 7-sided
    [And BillVol
    Celreice Law won the SEC 60h and 100h. She also was second to Ofili at indoor nationals and set the Lady Vol school record. And, you describe that as "falling off"? Layne fell off, though she was second at SEC indoors, but THAT is where the story is ...
    Thanks. I couldn't remember. Man just a week out of the season and I'm already out of form.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Uh oh!

Sooooo....who's right? Was she there or not? What kind of shoes was she wearing? :wink:

Leave a comment:

• 7-sided
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    She was fired last week!!! Trust me on this! She didn't resign.
    So?
    LOL oh boy, if this site wasn't so REP. I would go in on you!!! Oh well, I will step away from the computer..lol
    You are completely wrong! She was DEFINITELY at the NCAA's as I saw her there - every day! You know, coach-to-coach, that sort of thing ...

You might want to fact check your misinformation before you begin projecting your opinions as truth.

That said, it is "strange" for an indoor assistant of the year to resign, or be "asked" - if that is what happened, 3 months after receiving the award.

And BillVol
    Celreice Law won the SEC 60h and 100h. She also was second to Ofili at indoor nationals and set the Lady Vol school record. You describe that as "falling off"? Layne fell off, though she was second at SEC indoors, but THAT is where the story is ...

Leave a comment:

• BillVol
    replied
    I don't know for sure, but it seems like the Vol women regressed in sprints, hurdles. Lynne Layne fell of the map. Celriece Law I think went backwards, too.

I figured she was canned but didn't know for sure. Still don't, but it seems that way.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    I wish her luck! She wasn't even at NC's!!!

I mean think about it, resign after ONE year???? Come on now, even a blind man could see the BS!!!

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    So?
    So... if jb is spot on...it matters what the truth is...no?

I mean they can say she resigned because frankly it looks better on her resume. But if she was fired its nice to hear the truth and I'll bet she wants someone to know that she was pushed out.

She might feel betrayed...

No?

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    So?
    LOL oh boy, if this site wasn't so REP. I would go in on you!!! Oh well, I will step away from the computer..lol

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    So?

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooter Brown

Texas still has separate athletic departments.
    Effectively, I might add.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X