HS pole vault question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS pole vault question

I thought I read on this message board that Shade Weygandt was attending a JC or CC and not completing for her HS this year. I believe she signed with Texas Tech. Yet, she is being listed as a HS senior and leading the HS list at 14' 0". Was she in high school this spring or JC?

She graduated in the winter, but won't be in college till the fall. She posted this on the TXRunning site:

I am not vaulting with my school (mansfield high school) simply b/c it was in my best interest not to this year. It was a combination of a bunch of different things including a change of coaches at my current school as well as me wanting to branch off and try new things and meets this year before i go off to texas tech)
    i just got back from Mt. Sac this past weekend. I jumped 13'5" to win college A group and then jumped 13'1.25" the next day as opening height in the invitational group.
    If i was in school i never would of had this opportunity.
    i was just trying to set the record straight for ya
    ~Shade Weygandt

Comment

She might have taken a class or two this spring at a JC but she wasn't enrolled full-time or anything, it would be more like a high school senior doing running start or dual-enrollment.

More importantly, she wasn't training with a college team.

Comment

Working...
      X