Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shalonda Solomon - don't sleep people!!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shalonda Solomon - don't sleep people!!!

I just wanted to write a liccle thread about ms Speedy cause I really think she is going to do some damage at the trials.....

Let's not forget how she ran in 2006, beating Kerron Stewart in the NCAA deuce and running 22.36.....after a bad injury ruled out 2007, she got back into the groove last year and ran ok, but this year it's like she is finally looking to fulfill her real potential.....already having run 22.41 and 22.43 in the deuce and a new pr of 11.04 in the 100.....DEFINITE dual threat and if she performs at Nationals she should definitely be in the relay IMO.

She performed incredibly for team USA as a junior and I reckon she is gonna do the same as a senior starting in Berlin......

200 team for berlin - felix, williams, jeter and solomon

what y'all think??

I think you're crazy if you're putting Jeter, Solomon or Williams above Muna.

I also think you're crazy if you're trying to put Solomon on the 4x1.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
      I think you're crazy if you're putting Jeter, Solomon or Williams above Muna.

I also think you're crazy if you're trying to put Solomon on the 4x1.
      putting jeter on your 4*1 is a risk for the rest of the squad?????

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean...I didn't say anything about Jeter on the 4x1....is that a question or a statement?

And if it is a statement, just go ahead and say exactly what you mean rather than trying to insinuate something.

Comment

Naw, london, let them sleep on Shalonda. I expect big and good things for her this season. Go Shalonda!

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean...I didn't say anything about Jeter on the 4x1....is that a question or a statement?

And if it is a statement, just go ahead and say exactly what you mean rather than trying to insinuate something.
            why so defensive if i said putting Torri Edward or Luran Williams on the team would be a risk would u react the some way?

Comment

Again, as I said, just say what you mean. I'm not defensive, I'm just to the point. A thread was shutdown about drug accusations and it would seem by your statement you're implying similar in this thread.

I never brought Jeter into a 4x1 discussion as there was nothing in the original poster's post about Jeter and the 4x1.

Should you care to feel like explaining why Jeter would be a risk then feel free to. I would say she wouldn't be a risk by her performances thus far so that would lead one to believe you're implying otherwise. I probably wouldn't have reacted to you saying Lauryn or Torri would be risks because they've both been involved in passing mishaps.

But you avoided my original question...what was your point with regards to Jeter in your original post in this thread?

Comment

Here we go again. Let's Brace.

Comment

Sholanda sure seems to be a major spoiler for the US trials this year. Glad you reminded me of her. But when will she launch her intl'season?

Comment

I'm hoping you're not referring to me Paul.

I was trying to keep the thread on track about Solomon if anything. I just didn't think it was fair for someone to be trying to skirt around rules by just insinuating somthing, which is why I called he/she on it.

Comment

I'm hoping you're not referring to me Paul.

I was trying to keep the thread on track about Solomon if anything. I just didn't think it was fair for someone to be trying to skirt around rules by just insinuating somthing, which is why I called he/she on it.
                      No cowboy, I'm actually with you on this one just tired of the D word. Just keep on your blinkers man and don't let them pull you out. You just got out do want you to go back in. actually trying to distract you with my last post.

Comment

People aren't sleeping, the best thing about the US trials is that anyone can win/make the team, etc They just ahve to show up and show off their stuff!

I've already stated that I think Solomon will be on that 200m team in one of the older threads a week or so ago, nothing has changed that opinion of mine yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                          No cowboy, I'm actually with you on this one just tired of the D word. Just keep on your blinkers man and don't let them pull you out. You just got out do want you to go back in. actually trying to distract you with my last post.
                          Fair enough. We're on the same page. I'll do my best to stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                            People aren't sleeping, the best thing about the US trials is that anyone can win/make the team, etc They just ahve to show up and show off their stuff!

I've already stated that I think Solomon will be on that 200m team in one of the older threads a week or so ago, nothing has changed that opinion of mine yet.
                            You did call it. So I assume you have Felix, Muna, Shalonda and _____?

Comment

Originally posted by knite

You did call it. So I assume you have Felix, Muna, Shalonda and _____?
                              That's the tricky part, since I am unsure who is actually running in the event.

I think that should Hooker make the 100 flat team, she wouldn't even run the 200m's and Lauryn would be my guess, but she wouldn't run this event in the WC's, so its a lot of if's IMO. At least 3 women I think who has a chance to make the 100m flat, won't contest the 200m's if 1 makes it already...those 3 are Jeter, Hooker and Lauryn. Bianca would be my next guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X