Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American may win baseball Olympic gold

I know this is not track and field related but it is too cute not to mention. Do you know that an American team may actually win a medal in the next Olympic games in baseball? USA team unfortunately didn't make it but the Greek national team is strictly a USA B' team. Not a single player is a Greek citizen, lives in Greece or speaks Greek (well, they may speak grenglish). Not only that but 2 American teams may also compete for the first time in the ladies softball tournament. Yes, you guessed it. All the Greek softball ladies are Americans as well. Good luck to all of them of course and good for them but it is a pity that the best American Olympic baseball team won’t participate whereas a worse one will. You have of course figure out by now that baseball and softball are non-existing sports in Hellas Land. The same applies for field hokey by the way, but since those teams consist actually of Greeks, the man’s field hokey team at least needs to participate in a pre-Olympic qualification round first in order to make it. I think there are playing as we speak and of course have no chance to make it. Now, this is double standards!!!!

Re: American may win baseball Olympic gold

are the greeks taking their football seriously??

Comment

I thought that Olympic participation unlike the worlds required citizenship?

Comment

I think double citizenships are readily available.

Comment

>I think double citizenships are readily available.

I don't think those guys have greek passports but I may be wrong. Something to do with one of your parents or even grandparents being from the other country. I read in USA today last week that one fellow is only 1/4th greek.

Comment

What is better US baseball or US distance running. Remember, there will be American distance runners at Athens. Robison already has the A standard for the 1500.

Comment

Wait 'till Qatar finds out about this!

Comment

Looks like an Italian hockey team, all Canadians with Italian heritage.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Comment

They call the Italian hockey team team Woodbridge which is a suburb of Toronto that is heavily ethnic Italian.........

Comment

Working...
                    X