Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's doing what events in eugene

ok, i looked at the most recent formcharts, and lagat is in ONLY the 800 chartwise..

does that mean t&f news intelligence says he ain't doing the 1500 and 5k..

similarly, barringer and williard in the 1500 too, along with the steeple..

does that mean they are doubling??

i suppose t&news has better access than normal fans

we know that Lagat is only running the 800.

we do not know with certainty what Barringer and Willard rnning, so they stay listed in both, although we're about to remove Barringer because her people say that entry's just there as a backup option.

Comment

Is Adam Goucher running the 10k? Wouldn't his time from the OT qualify him?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
        Is Adam Goucher running the 10k? Wouldn't his time from the OT qualify him?
        This is the best means of tracking what people are doing/thinking:
        http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOut ... status.asp

Goucher is entered in the 10,000.

Comment

the report i got from an official at the ncaa's who spoke to barringer was she was doing ONLY the steeple...

that's why i mentioned the formcharts....

there can be some people doing real well if they choose to double

Comment

http://www.usatf.org/news/view.aspx?dui ... 9_13_36_17

Nice article on matchups

Comment

Willard said at Pre that she would run both the 1500 and steeplechase in Eugene and, if she qualified, would run both in Berlin.

Just saw that Centrowitz is out of the 1500.

29 men have declared in the 5000--still another dozen qualified entries who could declare by midnight tonight

22 in the men's 10k with a bunch more likely to declare

Felix out of the 400, in the 1-2

Comment

For major championship meetings, I think they should at least have 5 days of competition, as the WC's of course are 2nd the Oly Games, but of the same caliber.

Comment

http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOut ... .asp#women

latest declaratons from usatf.org...

barringer scratches 1500...

williard declares 1500...

felix out of the 400

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
                    http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOutdoorTFChampionships/entry/status.asp#women
                    felix out of the 400
                    I'm sorry to see that Felix scratched the 400. She may have lost her only chance to be famous outside of T&FN readers.

I've heard from a friend who has relatives attending Southern California that students didn't know that she graduated from there because she didn't run for the college team.

I hope that she doesn't become another Mary Decker--a young woman who won a couple of World Championships, but never won an individual Olympic title.
                    none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                      Originally posted by az2004
                      http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOutdoorTFChampionships/entry/status.asp#women
                      felix out of the 400
                      I'm sorry to see that Felix scratched the 400. She may have lost her only chance to be famous outside of T&FN readers.

I've heard from a friend who has relatives attending Southern California that students didn't know that she graduated from there because she didn't run for the college team.

I hope that she doesn't become another Mary Decker--a young woman who won a couple of World Championships, but never won an individual Olympic title.
                      Well she's still got a long career!

Comment

I wonder where she places in the 100 this year.... Will be interesting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                          [
                          Well she's still got a long career!
                          True, but she may never have the chance to run a 400/200 double again at a global meet. Richards won 400/200 at 2009 WAF & 2006 WCup.
                          none

Comment

I see Sean Quigley's running only the 5,000--he's scratched from the 10. Fam is running only the 5--he's scratched from the steeple. Rowbury has declared in both the 1500 and the 5000.

Comment

Evan Jager scratched from the 1500 and running the 5000. I consider him to have an outside chance to finish in the top three. What is German Fernandez going to do? He has declared in the 1500 and 5000. I cannot imagine he would run both, assuming he runs at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X