Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They just keep coming, the next Jordan? Chesley Sveinsson

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They just keep coming, the next Jordan? Chesley Sveinsson

    Didn't anyone notice?

    This SOPHOMORE from Dallas Tx ran a negative split to finish in 10:04!

    EGADS!

  • #2
    Ok she's not a Sophomore. Just re-read the results.
    :shock:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by carlosreyes2k
      Ok she's not a Sophomore. Just re-read the results.
      :shock:
      Yes she is... those are the grad years

      Comment


      • #4
        Fast either way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sveinsson 4:40.24 to win mile.

          Comment


          • #6
            1.500m en-route: 4.21,83

            Comment


            • #7
              Helluva double . . .

              Comment


              • #8
                and chelsey sveinson is most likely a cant miss olympian as she has dual citizenship with iceland.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by doug091463
                  and chelsey sveinson is most likely a cant miss olympian as she has dual citizenship with iceland.
                  Really? Not up to date on Icelandic women's middle distance runners, but I am guessing she could easily qualify in 2012 if healthy. Maybe even WC this year? Standards to be met??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    She's (Chelsey Kristína Birgisd Sveinsson) is listed as Iceland's NR-holder in the mile, and has an Icelandic bio page. Her 4.18,13 PB needs to drop 2,39 seconds if she's to take down the 28-year-old Icelandic national record for girls 17-18.

                    http://web2.toto.is/fritest/afr/keppendur/kep72674.htm
                    http://www.fri.is/pages/articles6/islandsmet1/

                    Any relation to former decathlete Elías Sveinsson?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Let's hope puberty is kind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by K.I.R.
                        Let's hope puberty is kind.
                        Girl soph - I think that's over, but the next two years are critical in many ways. Most girl running phenoms do one of the following
                        a. gain weight (most begin under 100 pounds, but even a nice healthy 120 could spell disaster)
                        b. find other interests (aka boys)
                        c. go through stress fracture periods from overtraining
                        d. get blood disorders like anemia
                        e. have tender egos and can't take losses well
                        f. just get tired of running their entire lives around their training schedule

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Marlow
                          Girl soph - I think that's over, but the next two years are critical in many ways. Most girl running phenoms do one of the following
                          a. gain weight (most begin under 100 pounds, but even a nice healthy 120 could spell disaster)
                          b. find other interests (aka boys)
                          c. go through stress fracture periods from overtraining
                          d. get blood disorders like anemia
                          e. have tender egos and can't take losses well
                          f. just get tired of running their entire lives around their training schedule
                          I think most would agree that A, B, C, D, and E are due to hormonal changes that can be chalked up to puberty.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: They just keep coming, the next Jordan? Chesley Sveinsso

                            Originally posted by carlosreyes2k
                            Didn't anyone notice?

                            This SOPHOMORE from Dallas Tx ran a negative split to finish in 10:04!

                            EGADS!
                            In the NON mile, she not only negative split, but each lap was faster than the one before - a "step-down"!
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hope to see her in 2012

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X