X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedster
    What was SAF's SB and PB before the JAM trials in 2008?
    .... u got a point ... am not saying that the ladies that I stated cant smash their pbs... I am jus saying that I doubt it... I am blatantly and completely supporting SAF irrespectively

Leave a comment:

• toyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    Simpson submitted a late entry for trials.
    Correct. The entry for Simpson was confirmed by Ludlow Watts of the JAAA on a live TV sports program last night.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedster
    11.28, but that doesn't mean she can improve her SB by 0.43 again this year.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by trackfan22
    i seriously doubt 11.00 flat will be enough for fraser to hold off the rest of the competitors
    You telling me SAF will be fighting for the third spot!! I look to see Simpson in that position that SAF. Fraser has been set back because of the surgery, but I think she will be fine come Berlin. I look for her to post a sub-11 secs clocking at trials.
    I completely agree. I see smooth sailing for SAF and Kerron, the question is which Sherone is gonna show up to the trials.

And don't let 11.00 flat seem like such a walkover. In the field of athletes we have in Jamaica, out of the current crop, only 5 have ever been sub-11. VCB, who is not running at trials. Stewart, who is clear favorite. SAF, who we all know can drop a monster time when truly needed. Simpson, when she is in good form. Facey, who have gone sub-11 once. Aleen has yet to make the dip below 11.00, not saying she wont, but I just don't see her passing SAF when she actually runs a full race.(which we haven't seen her do all season).

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    VCB has to run the 200m at trials to qualify for worlds. Her camp mention, they are taking it slow with her and running 5 race in two days, will not help her to take it slow. I'm happy she is not running 100m, because it give other people chance.
    give who a chance???

Anyone of those ladies that would not have spot in the final if she was running.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    VCB has to run the 200m at trials to qualify for worlds. Her camp mention, they are taking it slow with her and running 5 race in two days, will not help her to take it slow. I'm happy she is not running 100m, because it give other people chance.
    give who a chance???

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied
    Originally posted by trackfan22
    i seriously doubt 11.00 flat will be enough for fraser to hold off the rest of the competitors
    You telling me SAF will be fighting for the third spot!! I look to see Simpson in that position that SAF. Fraser has been set back because of the surgery, but I think she will be fine come Berlin. I look for her to post a sub-11 secs clocking at trials.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    We will see....
    For one it is just a gut feeling...
    If am wrong so be it.... but I don't see Baptist beating SAF, KS, VCB, Lee or Jeter in a championship finals. Neither do I see her Hooker/Williams.

I doubt Kelly-Ann Baptist will be in finals at worlds. Miss Debbie-Ann Ferguson I bet will more likely be in final than her come Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Simpson isn't even running at the trials, she is using the medical exemption and hoping to run later in the season ro prove fitness and hopefully displacing the third placed finisher at the trials (seeing that VCB isn't running). I am expecting 1-2 to be Kerron and SAF.

Simpson submitted a late entry for trials. She is on premilary list of entry for 100m and 200m. I'm happy she is running in trials and taking her faith in her own hands. Also, atleast we don't have to worry about any drama before worlds if she didn't run at trials. Being listed to run in both 100m and 200m, seems to be she is healthy and raring to go, and got the go ahead from Doctors. Woohooo, the season is heating up.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    VCB obviously has a bye in the 100m being the defending champ, but is she going to run the 200m?

Leave a comment:

• trackfan22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Is Facey healthy??
    She has seasons bests of 11.23 in the 100 in a +1.9 wind and 22.65 in the 200 in a +1.7 wind. She could be taking it slow this season but from what she has been showing she looks like she is the greatest fight for the third spot with Aileen. Samantha Henry looks tired and Sherry Ann Brooks has not looked all that well this season either. Facey could just be playing possum though....

SAF best legal time is 11.15 back in May in a +1.2 wind. She was shutting it down there and in the one other race she ran after she was slowing down there too, running closer to 11.00 flat. I am guessing she can run a basic 11.00 second if she pushes herself to at least hold off Facey, Bailey and Brooks.

Leave a comment:

• justblaze1011
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    I would not be surprised id Fraser did not qualify, assuming Simpson is healthy.
    :lol: :lol: There you starting up again!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X