Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Galen Rupps best event be the marathon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Galen Rupps best event be the marathon?

I know he still has alot of room for improvement on the track,but Galen would probably be a great marathoner one day.His coach, mentor Salzar is bringing him along nicely.If he trained for the marathon now I think he could run a 2:09 or better.

Vanna, can I buy an apostrophe? :-)

Comment

I think Saladbar is grooming the Big R for the 50 mile. Afterall that was the last time the Big AL won a race.

By the way, isn't gh in violation of Rule 15 section a, subsection 2? Is he therefore banned? Who will take over? I think it is about time someone from Oregon took over. This WSU influence has to end :twisted:

Comment

Gh is actually nice about my grammar, its some other peoples tact I question.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Vanna, can I buy an apostrophe? :-)
          Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
          its some other peoples tact I question.
          Um . . . uh. . . never mind . . .

Comment

Kudos, Marlow. Great restraint for a compulsive corrector of essays.

Comment

I don't know whether his best event will be the marathon. At present the top 2 guys have 10k PBs substantially below 27 mins indicating that the speed they've brought to the 5 and 10 is just as important for the marathon as well - see also Paula Radcliffe. Let's see what he can do over the shorter distances first?

Comment

Yes, he could be a great marathoner, but please stay away from it for a long time. We want to see you be a professional on the track at least until 2012 or 2013 and see you re-write the record books.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                  I think Saladbar is grooming the Big R for the 50 mile. Afterall that was the last time the Big AL won a race.

By the way, isn't gh in violation of Rule 15 section a, subsection 2? Is he therefore banned? Who will take over? I think it is about time someone from Oregon took over. This WSU influence has to end :twisted:
                  Read the book about Salazar and Beardsley. It explains why Salazar lost his edge and went to Ultras. It was a physical problem. Why mock the guy? He had a very good career for someone whose talent was far less than some other US notables and now he is doing a fantastic job with Rupp. Power to them both.

Comment

Working...
                  X