Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Town PLAZA - not pizza!!!!!!

There will be a plaza behind Hayward again this year. But I don't believe it will be as big as last year. There will be food and beverage and a kid zone.There will be a live band on Friday and Saturday nights. There will be free spectator shuttles from Autzen. Hey, there will be Honey Buckets - they were delivering them as I walked by this morning.

I wonder how many people will do as I did, and read the subject line as "Track Town Pizza"?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      I wonder how many people will do as I did, and read the subject line as "Track Town Pizza"?
      That makes at least two of us...

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
        Originally posted by gh
        Three. Why would anyone think different?

Comment

Originally posted by dj
          Originally posted by rasb
          Originally posted by gh
          Three. Why would anyone think different?
          That IS odd. That's exactly what I thought I read.

Comment

Four, and I'm not even going...

Last week I read the "Berlin tix in" thread as, "Berlin fix in", and thought :shock:

Comment

And dangit, I can't make the trip this year, and my commemorative pint glass broke a few months ago.

edited (someone beat me to 4)

Comment

Come on, guys, it clearly sez "not pizza" right there in the title. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                  Last week I read the "Berlin tix in" thread as, "Berlin fix in", and thought :shock:
                  Guilty of that too, on the first glance.
                  Regards,
                  toyracer

Comment

Track Town Plaza

"There will be a plaza behind Hayward again this year. But I don't believe it will be as big as last year."
                    ---------
                    Correct! No big screen there for watching events inside without a ticket.

Somewhat related item:
                    When I left Hayward Field about 5:15 p.m. today (Wednesday, June 24) an efficient crew was unloading a lot of equipment to set up a big screen inside, presumably temporary for the 2009 championships, on the north turn. That's very handy for front-runners to see what's going on behind them. It's also nice for giving a finish-line view to spectators whose seats are in the north sections

Comment

from today's ERG:

A concert by The Phil Bowermans, a musical group made up of Nike employees and professional musicians, entertains from 8:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. Friday at the Fan Festival.

"Phil Bowerman," ya gotta loveit!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        from today's ERG:

A concert by The Phil Bowermans, a musical group made up of Nike employees and professional musicians, entertains from 8:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. Friday at the Fan Festival.

Maybe they mean to say the "Bowerman Phil[harmonic]"... Or not.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          from today's ERG:

It's Tinker Hatfield's band.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            from today's ERG:"Phil Bowerman," ya gotta loveit!
                            But I think a band called The Bill Knights would be easier to pronounce.

Comment

Working...
                            X