Originally posted by Moura
        My pick:

Howard
        Hooker
        Day
        Ditto
        Me 3... :lol:

Comment

I will personally be very surprised if Acuff is not in the top 3. Experience and "last chance" issues should help her.

Comment

I'll go with

Hooker
            Howard
            Acuff (when does she not make the team?)

Comment

Event 24 Women High Jump
              ================================================== =============================
              Thursday 6/25/2009 - 5:00 PM
              Bar Progression: 1.78/1.83/1.88/1.91/1.93/1.95 +2 cm
              Five alive until 12 left
              World: 2.09m 8/30/1987 Stefka Kostadinova, BUL
              American: 2.03m 7/8/1988 Louise Ritter, Mazda TC also 9/30/88
              Hayward: 1.99m 2006 Tisha Waller 99, Y Slesarenko
              Name Year Team Seed Mark
              ================================================== =============================
              Flight 1 Finals
              1 310 Carin Knight Connecticut 1.84m
              2 101 Amy Acuff Asics 1.90m
              3 194 Heather Davis La. Monroe 1.81m
              4 196 Sharon Day Asics 1.93m
              5 464 Adriane Stone unattached 1.90m
              6 275 Destinee Hooker unattached 1.98m
              7 395 Elizabeth Patterson Arizona 1.95m
              8 180 Lauren Collins Cal Irvine 1.86m
              9 256 Raevan Harris Auburn 1.89m
              10 278 Chaunte Howard Nike 2.00m
              11 437 Megan Seidl Wisconsin 1.81m
              12 423 Ashley Rhoades unattached 1.81m
              13 376 Deirdre Mullen Nike 1.90m
              14 224 Priscilla Frederick St. John's 1.82m
              15 172 Rebecca Christensen unattached 1.91m
              16 362 Inika Mcpherson unattached 1.83m

Can't tell you how thrilling it is to be getting ready to watch one of those thrilling 5-alive contests that absolutely befuddle 99.9% of the audience (and sometimes the officials).

Comment

Five Alive might not play much of a role here, as at the lower height a lot of the gals will pass, and when you are above 1.83 you have gotten to a height above all but about nine, the cut point for Five Alive.

Besides, with Five Alive you just make sure someone makes every fifth jump (until they are done with the height). I do it my number the first 5 1-5, then giving the 6th one in the order the number that belonged to the fist jumper out, etc. It does remain a challenge when trying to do the vault with only one or two helpers and I will not say that I have never made a mistake, but I have had to argue with a coach one or twice. :wink:

Comment

Hooker only 4th.

Comment

Howard wins it.

Comment

Code:
                        1 Chaunte Howard               Nike                     1.95m    6-04.75
                           1.78 1.83 1.88 1.91 1.93 1.95 1.97                                   
                              O    O    O    O    O    O  XXX                                   
                        2 Amy Acuff                    Asics                    1.95m    6-04.75
                            PPP    O   XO   XO    O   XO  XXX                                   
                        3 Sharon Day                   Asics                    1.95m    6-04.75
                              O    O    O    O  XXO  XXO  XXX                                   
                        4 Destinee Hooker              unattached               1.91m    6-03.25
                           1.78 1.83 1.88 1.91 1.93                                             
                            XXO  XXO    O   XO  XXX                                             
                        5 Deirdre Mullen               Nike                     1.88m    6-02.00
                           1.78 1.83 1.88 1.91                                                  
                              O    O  XXO  XXX                                                  
                        6 Adriane Stone                unattached               1.83m    6-00.00
                           1.78 1.83 1.88                                                       
                              O    O  XXX                                                       
                        7 Raevan Harris                Auburn                   1.78m    5-10.00
                           1.78 1.83                                                            
                              O  XXX                                                            
                        7 Elizabeth Patterson          Arizona                  1.78m    5-10.00
                           1.78 1.83                                                            
                              O  XXX                                                            
                        7 Rebecca Christensen          unattached               1.78m    5-10.00
                           1.78 1.83                                                            
                              O  XXX                                                            
                       10 Lauren Collins               California, Irvine       1.78m    5-10.00
                           1.78 1.83                                                            
                             XO  XXX                                                            
                       11 Carin Knight                 Connecticut              1.78m    5-10.00
                           1.78 1.83                                                            
                            XXO  XXX                                                            
                       -- Megan Seidl                  Wisconsin                   NH           
                           1.78                                                                 
                            XXX                                                                 
                       -- Heather Davis                Louisiana Monroe            NH           
                           1.78                                                                 
                            XXX                                                                 
                       -- Priscilla Frederick          St. John's                  NH           
                           1.78                                                                 
                            XXX                                                                 
                       -- Inika Mcpherson              unattached                  NH           
                           1.78 1.83 1.88 1.91 1.93 1.95 1.97 1.99 2.01                         
                            PPP  PPP  PPP  PPP  PPP  PPP  PPP  PPP  XXX                         
                       -- Ashley Rhoades               unattached                  NH           
                           1.78                                                                 
                            XXX

Comment

Acuff's eighth straight WC team.

Comment

After seeing her jump earlier this season. it's great to see former NCAA D2 Champ, Adriane (Sims) Stone (from St. Augustine's College) on the comeback trail.

Comment

Is that Inika Mcpherson line correct? Pass to 2.01, then miss three times?

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                              Is that Inika Mcpherson line correct? Pass to 2.01, then miss three times?
                              I think Ariane Friedrich is the only one who would have the guts to go in at that height. It actually wouldn't surprise me if she did that...

Comment

Working...
                              X