X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by doug091463
    just some things on collins, runningboard posters (on letsrun mostly) falsely accused her of being involved in a legal situation she had absolutely nothing to do with in any way shape or form. she transferred schools her senior year of high school to be with her mother who was very sick at the time, the media let everyone know her grades at l.b. wilson was subpar. she did not run well her senior year of high school, still got a scholarship to l.s.u. gradewise she was not eligible to go to l.s.u. she went to a junior college and ran slow times (for her) but still nearly won the state meet by herself as she ran a bunch of events. she is a very nice girl and obviously an enormous talent.
    You , my friend, have hit the nail on the head, this post is VERY accurate. Lots of false accusations have been made surrounding EB.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Who is coaching Collins now?

Leave a comment:

• doug091463
    replied
    just some things on collins, runningboard posters (on letsrun mostly) falsely accused her of being involved in a legal situation she had absolutely nothing to do with in any way shape or form. she transferred schools her senior year of high school to be with her mother who was very sick at the time, the media let everyone know her grades at l.b. wilson was subpar. she did not run well her senior year of high school, still got a scholarship to l.s.u. gradewise she was not eligible to go to l.s.u. she went to a junior college and ran slow times (for her) but still nearly won the state meet by herself as she ran a bunch of events. she is a very nice girl and obviously an enormous talent.

Leave a comment:

• richxx87
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    ...she has been through a lot and continue to impress me. Few people probably have knowledge of her WHOLE situation.
    Do tell. YOU actually must divulge what you know now .... or risk the aspersions of all manner of things being cast in Collins's directions. You can't open up people's imagination like that without spawning an inevitable number of folks who'll be thinking everything from A to Z, and most of it negative.

To say stuff like she's "been through a lot" and the "WHOLE situation" without giving any clues as to what these things are, you've engaged in a type of covert character assassination. I personally don't think that was your intention, but that's just what happens when you get people speculating.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Collins is a warrior, she has been through a lot and continue to impress me. Few people probably have knowledge of her WHOLE situation.

Still wish she had went to LSU though!

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    Originally posted by richxx87
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    So I guess the whole Ebony Collins situation has finally been answered!!
    Indeed. A big personal best -- she finally beats her own 55.96, which was done as a 10th grader back in 2005 over the World Youth hurdles.

It says she's unattached, I wonder if she's eligible to run at a D1 college still?

Or is she hoping to turn pro now? Fourth place in the USA at age 20 (and beating the 2-time NCAA champ, Leach) is going to warrant some attention from the shoe companies for sure.

This is really good news, I'm glad to see her back in top form -- she was beginning to look like one of those all-world age-groupers who flame out.
    From what I understand, college in any way, shape, or form, not in her plans or thoughts. Its unfortunate because she doesn't allow herself to gain any other notoriety and thus relegates herself to having to still prove herself in trying to get a lane in Europe. She doesn't have many opportunities for races here in the US to show her talent. A deal would be limited for her. Though she had a great showing.

Leave a comment:

• usctrackstar02
    replied
    demus pb is 53.02! so to run 53.7 in oregon with all that wind on the backstretch is pretty impressive.

Originally posted by t_monk
    Originally posted by skiboo
    Anyone notice something special about Demus' time?
    meet record and personal best

Leave a comment:

• richxx87
    replied
    Originally posted by justblaze1011
    So I guess the whole Ebony Collins situation has finally been answered!!
    Indeed. A big personal best -- she finally beats her own 55.96, which was done as a 10th grader back in 2005 over the World Youth hurdles.

It says she's unattached, I wonder if she's eligible to run at a D1 college still?

Or is she hoping to turn pro now? Fourth place in the USA at age 20 (and beating the 2-time NCAA champ, Leach) is going to warrant some attention from the shoe companies for sure.

This is really good news, I'm glad to see her back in top form -- she was beginning to look like one of those all-world age-groupers who flame out.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    :?

Isnt that what the "S" next to her time that everyone can clearly see meant?

That's about as clever as the 100m list you posted that backfired. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• skiboo
    replied
    Originally posted by tm71
    stadium record
    Bingo!

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    stadium record

Leave a comment:

• skiboo
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Another kind of record too. Try again.

Leave a comment:

• Moura
    replied
    Originally posted by Moura
    My pick:

Tosta
    Demus
    Williams
    Demus well done and one of favorites to Berlin. Tosta and Williams (mainly this one) have to improve to be in final.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• skiboo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X