3. Michelle Perry (Nike) 1*
    4. Lolo Jones (Asics) 1
    5. Tiffany Ofili (Michigan) 9
    6. Danielle Carruthers (unattached) 8*
    7. Yvette Lewis (Nike) 10
    8. Candice Davis (unattached) 6
    9. Ginnie Powell (Nike) 8
    10. Kristi Castlin (Va Tech)

Is Jones making her season debut in Eugene? Can't find her anywhere on this year's world lists:

http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists ... etail.html

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
      Is Jones making her season debut in Eugene? Can't find her anywhere on this year's world lists:

She ran at Drake Relays, that's when she got hurt or reinjured herself.
      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
        Originally posted by skiboo

She ran at Drake Relays, that's when she got hurt or reinjured herself.
        Yeah, this will be her 1st race back.

Comment

My pick:

Perry
          Cherry
          Harper
          Carruthers (my pick for 4th spot to WC)

Note: Too early for Jones recover

Comment

Originally posted by Moura
            My pick:

But not too early for her to still be top ranked hurdler of the year, come October.

Comment

Originally posted by Moura
              I think you're right, but she has no option if she wants to be at the worlds. Let's hope it does not get worse before it gets better. In retrospect, a shame she risked it in Des Moines.

Comment

Lolo has always handled rounds pretty well and build through them to run good finals. I haven't seen anything this season to make me think that she can't have a spot. I think the heat will show us where she is at and her chances.

Comment

In many other events you can be off and still make the team if you are the top dog. However, the hurdles race has a ton of top races and a bunch that if they can return to the top are also very tough (e.g. Powell, Carruthers).

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster
                    Lolo has always handled rounds pretty well and build through them to run good finals. I haven't seen anything this season to make me think that she can't have a spot.
                    But we also haven't seen anything to suggest she can...
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Jones in trouble I think....

Hurdles are trickier than the flats, especially the sprint hurdles. Its as much about being race sharp as its about practice, knowing your race pattern and hopefully your opponents race pattern to the point where you will know exactly where to 'push' it and know not to panic when 'the going gets tough'. Without practice and I mean a lot of practice, its very easy for you to crash out in the hurdles by over striding between the hurdles hurdles at any point by trying to force your race too much.

Comment

IMO, Lolo wasn't as injured as it appeared. Also her speed is her biggest asset. The females don't have to be as sound technically because of the height of the hurdles and the distance, so again speed plays even more of a factor... (case in point) Gail Devers.
                        on the road

Comment

Actually with females having smaller body frames than men (in general) and more or less exhibiting less control in terms of speed over and between hurdles, it leaves them FAR more suceptable to being affected by it. Unlike male hurdles who regularly nip/hit the hurdles, you seldom find females that do the same without it seriously affecting their race, most cannot just 'power through' the hurdles.

Comment

All Jones has to do is be top 3. She doesn't need to prove anything, just qualify for WC's.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                              Actually with females having smaller body frames than men (in general) and more or less exhibiting less control in terms of speed over and between hurdles, it leaves them FAR more suceptable to being affected by it. Unlike male hurdles who regularly nip/hit the hurdles, you seldom find females that do the same without it seriously affecting their race, most cannot just 'power through' the hurdles.
                              It's really all relative with respect to speed (male/female).....
                              Again because of the height of the women, they don't have to be as sound technically. They can get away with some defiencies, offsetting that with speed.
                              The women need to be under control with their speed more as they approach the hurdle, which again the height of the hurdle affects this more on the female side.

Lolo being one of the faster hurdlers in world, again can focus more on speed and less on being a great technican.
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X