7. Julie Culley (New York AC) 7
    8. Maureen McCandless (New Balance) nr
    9. Angela Bizzarri (Illinois)
    10. Renee Metivier Baillie

My pick:

Goucher
    Flanagan
    Rhines
    Fleshman (I believe Goucher will skip 5K in WC)

Comment

Fleshman has taken a very minimalist approach to racing this season -- as in nill races at any distance this season entering a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
        Fleshman has taken a very minimalist approach to racing this season -- as in nill races at any distance this season entering a championship.
        From her twitter it sounds like she was injured and didn't start running until 2 months ago or so:

http://twitter.com/laurenfleshman

Comment

So Goucher will only run the marathon at WC's this summer correct?

Comment

Barringer running this event and not in form chart? Or is that an oversight?

Comment

w5000

Originally posted by EPelle
              Minimalist in dress, as well. Witness the Nike ad, "Bear Butte Camp"

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
                No oversight. Steeple heats are Friday, 7:20 (she's in the first heat.) Final of the 5000 is 30 minutes later, at 7:50.

Only entered in 5k in case something goes wrong in Steeple heats.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                  No oversight. Steeple heats are Friday, 7:20 (she's in the first heat.) Final of the 5000 is 30 minutes later, at 7:50.

Only entered in 5k in case something goes wrong in Steeple heats.
                  Why are the two races closet in distance/time on the whole sport of track (well, except for the other two that also involve hurdles: 110h/100, 400h/400) so close together on the competition calendar. Would it be that hard to separate them by more time, even on the same day, since Eugene is not an impossibly hot venue so that the SC heats are early in the day.

Comment

Goucher
                    Flanagan
                    Barringer

I'll risk Barringer with the 30 minute double. She seems to be having that steller type of season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jnathletics
                      Goucher
                      Flanagan
                      Barringer

I'll risk Barringer with the 30 minute double. She seems to be having that steller type of season.
                      Any idea what it will take for her to qualify in that steeplechase heat? That would be unreal if she makes the team in both.

Comment

Goucher
                        Flanagan
                        Barringer

Any idea what it will take for her to qualify in that steeplechase heat? That would be unreal if she makes the team in both.
                        Well 10:03 is the 14th fastest time as qualifiers. So, I'm thinking the top 4 in each heat will run around that. Assuming she will want to be in the top 4 of her heat, I say she breaks 10:00. half-an-hour later goes 15:18 to place 3rd? :? :shock:

Comment

Well 10:03 is the 14th fastest time as qualifiers. So, I'm thinking the top 4 in each heat will run around that. Assuming she will want to be in the top 4 of her heat, I say she breaks 10:00. half-an-hour later goes 15:18 to place 3rd? :? :shock:
                          With a little caterpillar fungus and turtle's blood soup, maybe. :shock:

Comment

With a little caterpillar fungus and turtle's blood soup, maybe. :shock:
                            I was hoping the organizers would have gotten a clue and rescheduled the steeple or this event so doubling would have been possible. Another reason this meet should be over two weekends. :twisted:

Comment

3:06 1st K

Brown in the lead at 1600 4:57.8
                              6:15 at 2K Donaghue leading
                              Rhines in 2nd Goucher 4th

Donaghue asking for help but nobody is willing.

78 last lap

9:27.5 at 3k (15:45 pace) Good to have the Johnson brothers announcing this race as they give splits.

10:05.7 at 3200

Donaghue, Rhines, Culley (76 last lap)
                              Rhine goes
                              Goucher responds

12:31 at 4k (69 last lap)

Rhines and Goucher well clear of Culley and Donaghue

Coming to bell lap and Goucher goes for the lead
                              14:15 at bell
                              14:23 for Culley

Goucher has it and Culley struggling in 3rd

Goucher 15:20.9 (65 last lap)
                              Rhines 15:26.9
                              Bizzarri 15:33.02
                              Culley 15:33.9

Comment

Working...
                              X