4. Erin Donohue (Nike) 2
    5. Amy Mortimer (Reebok) 6
    6. Sarah Bowman (Tennessee) 9
    7. Lauren Centrowitz (Stanford) nr
    8. Treniere Clement
    9. Margaret Infeld (Georgetown)
    10. Jordan Hasay (California HS)

Re: 2009 USATF: w1500

I'm looking forward to this one. Even if Barringer were to run this I have a hard time believing that Rowbury would finish out of the money. She faded at Pre but I still think she'll be there unless she has an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by 502CD
      I'm looking forward to this one. Even if Barringer were to run this I have a hard time believing that Rowbury would finish out of the money. She faded at Pre but I still think she'll be there unless she has an injury.
      Rowbury wasn't gearing up for Pre, IMO, she will do well this weekend.

Comment

If Barringer WERE running, I'd bet on her.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
          Originally posted by 502CD
          Rowbury wasn't gearing up for Pre, IMO, she will do well this weekend.
          She has been, unlike last year, focusing on strength work later into her training. In Eugene she looked like she eased up once she realised she was being outkicked in the straightway. My guess is she'll be second at worst, and she'll push the pace.

Comment

My pick:

Willard
            Rowbury
            Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Moura
              My pick:

Willard
              Rowbury
              Thomas
              "What He Said"

... Even though there is some uncertainty about where Rowbury is, it is not enough to change my mind. Also think that an in-form Rowbury takes the race. We know that Willard is 'in-form' and that CWT has upped her game a notch as well. Also, with Willard doubling she may be content to place and not burn all her marbles to take first.

[What is the "A" mark? and do more than these three have them among the contestants?]

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                My pick:

Willard
                Rowbury
                Thomas
                "What He Said"

... Even though there is some uncertainty about where Rowbury is, it is not enough to change my mind. Also think that an in-form Rowbury takes the race. We know that Willard is 'in-form' and that CWT has upped her game a notch as well. Also, with Willard doubling she may be content to place and not burn all her marbles to take first.

[What is the "A" mark? and do more than these three have them among the contestants?]
                I think no more athletes has A standard, but I think Clement has B standard which can gives her a spot if she reach top 3 in US champs.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                  My pick:

Willard
                  Rowbury
                  Thomas
                  "What He Said"

4:06.00. Barringer, Willard, CWT & Rowbury have made it. The "B" is 4:09.00, so many milers have made it. Even Goucher and Flanagan have easily made the "B" standard.
                  none

Comment

Rowburry
                    Wurth-Thomas
                    Willard

Too event with all the doubling going on. :?

Comment

I'm glad to see that Bowman finally led the first two laps. She would have been second or better if she had run her first lap in 65 at the NCAA. I hope that she runs 64-66 for a 2:10 at 800. IF another miler takes over there Bowman could break 4:06 for fourth and be ready if Willard were to scratch after the Steeple at WCh.
                      none

Comment

Hasay will benefit from racing with older.
                        "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Originally posted by mrbowie
                          Hasay will benefit from racing with older.
                          What does this mean? Hasay didn't make the final.
                          none

Comment

Some quotes from the USATF site.

Hasay on her prelim race:
                            I’m obviously disappointed, I didn’t do as well as I hoped. But it’s great to be out there. It was slow at the start, and then when they took off, I didn’t have the acceleration

Hasay on competing at trials:
                            It’s an honor to be out there with these women, but it would have been nice to be more fit coming into the race.
                            Anyone know if there is a place where the results for each heat can be seen? The USATF site compiles all the athletes together in one list.

Comment

http://flashresults.com/2009_Meets/outd ... 25P010.htm

Splits:

http://flashresults.com/2009_Meets/outd ... 010-01.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X