Vessey
      Johnson
      Uceny
      Green
      Gall
      Thomas
      Wright

Comment

Vessey's race at Pre was interesting. She ran a good 10m behind the pack, which was 10-15m behind the soon to be dead Jelimo, at the 500, then moved up in the 2d or 3d lane all the way to the win. It was Wottlean (I don't say Borzakvskyan due to his 50/50 success with same tactic). Either she is a smart racer or she lucked out. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
          Vessey's race at Pre was interesting. She ran a good 10m behind the pack, which was 10-15m behind the soon to be dead Jelimo, at the 500, then moved up in the 2d or 3d lane all the way to the win. It was Wottlean (I don't say Borzakvskyan due to his 50/50 success with same tactic). Either she is a smart racer or she lucked out. Stay tuned.
          Plus not sure how she handles rounds and coming back for a final.

Comment

Vessey's done ok with the heats and final. In 2005, she ran 2.05-2.04-2.03 at NCAA. Last year, at USA OT, she ran 2.04-2.03-2.02. Can she take it a step further and run 2.03-2.01-1.59?

Comment

Gall
              Uceny
              Vessey

I know Clark will win since I didn't pick her. I can never get her right on predictions, when I pick her to medal she usually DNF's.

Comment

Vessey doing her Borzakovski, with a late surge from the back, in 2d in her heat. Makes me nervous.

Comment

Vessey was seriously channeling Yuri Borzakovskiy in her heat!

Comment

Vessey looks like a winner to me. She got by with 2:05+ in the first round, closing up nicely.
                    Cheers,
                    Alan Shank
                    Woodland, CA

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                      Vessey doing her Borzakovski, with a late surge from the back, in 2d in her heat. Makes me nervous.
                      Two things going for her: She's been in two previous championship-level finals (NCAA and USA OT), and this year she's run within 0,25 of her lifetime best at 400m (set seven years ago). The first provides her the experience needed to not panic when behind, and the second provides her the resource required to make a strong move when needed.

Comment

Code:
                          1 Hazel Clark                  Nike                   2:00.79
                          2 Geena Gall                   Oregon TC Elite        2:01.01
                          3 Phoebe Wright                Tennessee              2:01.12
                          4 Maggie Vessey                unattached             2:01.19
                          5 Laura Hermanson              North Dakota State     2:01.28
                          6 Morgan Uceny                 Reebok                 2:01.32
                          7 Alysia Johnson               Nike                   2:01.58
                          8 Katie Waits                  Reebok                 2:01.69
                          9 Brenda Martinez              Cal Riverside          2:09.44

Comment

Nice job by Hazel, going wire to wire, she almost leaned too early and stumbled. Too bad for Alysia Johnson.
                          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                            Nice job by Hazel, going wire to wire, she almost leaned too early and stumbled. Too bad for Alysia Johnson.
                            Alysia Johnson almost ran Phoebe Wright off the track trying to keep her from passing. :lol:
                            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Vessey's last 200m was 28.37.

http://flashresults.com/2009_Meets/outd ... 007-03.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X