Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 USATF: w400 - Sanya Richards 50.05

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 USATF: w400 - Sanya Richards 50.05

    1. Sanya Richards (Nike) 1
    2. Monica Hargrove (unattached) 8
    3. Natasha Hastings (Nike) 5
    4. Shana Cox (adidas) 9
    5. Valerie Brown (unattached) nr
    6. Debbie Dunn
    7. Jessica Beard (Texas A&M) nr
    8. Shareese Woods (unattached) nr
    9. Joanna Atkins (Auburn)
    10. Keshia Baker (Oregon)

  • #2
    Does anyone know why Felix has scratched from this event? What a huge disappointment, could have been one of the best events of the season.

    I'll go out on a limb and wager that Atkins surprises a lot of people.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by skiboo
      Does anyone know why Felix has scratched from this event? What a huge disappointment, could have been one of the best events of the season.

      I'll go out on a limb and wager that Atkins surprises a lot of people.
      Atkins will put a few folks on notice AGAIN!

      Francena is not running nationals as far as the entries are concerned...not sure why she's listed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Curious how Hargrove gets rated so highly, or is this considered to be a weak event? She hasn't broken 51 seconds:

        http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographie ... index.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Anonymous
          Curious how Hargrove gets rated so highly, or is this considered to be a weak event? She hasn't broken 51 seconds:

          http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographie ... index.html
          Prior to the NCAA's, only Sanya and Allyson had faster times this season, with Hargrove having run her 51.00 in April?. And Felix is now out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by knite
            And Felix is now out.
            Does anyone know why? What a drag!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by skiboo
              Originally posted by knite
              And Felix is now out.
              Does anyone know why? What a drag!
              Maybe they felt the need for some speed work instead of the 400m rounds. She will not double in Berlin either way, outside of the 4x4 and the 200m's(my guess). She's already got her spot on that 2nd leg, regardless of who runs what at nationals.

              Comment


              • #8
                My pick:

                Richards
                Hastings
                Hargrove

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by skiboo
                  Originally posted by knite
                  And Felix is now out.
                  Does anyone know why?

                  Another disappointing head-scratcher, with ripples all the way to London.
                  There are no strings on me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skiboo
                    Originally posted by knite
                    And Felix is now out.
                    Does anyone know why? What a drag!
                    She chose to run the 100 instead.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by guruof track
                      Originally posted by skiboo
                      Originally posted by knite
                      And Felix is now out.
                      Does anyone know why? What a drag!
                      She chose to run the 100 instead.
                      She scratched from the 2007 WCh after making the team at 100. Although she had run poorly in July, WCh is four races in two days. She probably would have made the final there.

                      I didnt understand why she ran 200 at USAT&F while Williams ran 100 there because they both had byes.

                      I don't know why!
                      none

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by guruof track
                        Originally posted by skiboo
                        Originally posted by knite
                        And Felix is now out.
                        Does anyone know why? What a drag!
                        She chose to run the 100 instead.

                        I doubt SHE did.

                        Here we go again....
                        There are no strings on me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Given that Felix could do some exciting things in the 400, I've never felt that she was mentally prepared to approach the event with a strong, enduring purpose. The long relay is altogether another matter.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChuiTai
                            Given that Felix could do some exciting things in the 400, I've never felt that she was mentally prepared to approach the event with a strong, enduring purpose. The long relay is altogether another matter.
                            I agree. We don't know IF she can run three 400s in three days. IF she had run 51 (heat) 50 (semi) then crashed with a 52 final we would know, but we may never know.

                            I fear that her losses in July and August 2008 may have had a negative effect on her attitude. I hope that I'm wrong.

                            IF she runs 10.6x & 21.5x in 2009, she will have made the right choice.
                            none

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              :?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X