Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChuiTai
    Given that Felix could do some exciting things in the 400, I've never felt that she was mentally prepared to approach the event with a strong, enduring purpose. The long relay is altogether another matter.
    If Kersee told/allowed her to focus on the individual 400 you'd see that enduring purpose.

Comment

Felix has repeatedly stated what her goals are.

First and foremost winning the 200m WC.

If VCB doubles in Berlin, then just like in Osaka, Felix becomes the favorite.

Even though she hasnt run it this year, she may make some noise in the 100.

Obviously shes got triple threat talent.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        I agree, but how would running 400 at USAT&F hurt her 200 chances?

She ran 100 at 2007 USAT&F, then won 200 by the largest margin in global meet history.
        none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason

She ran 100 at 2007 USAT&F, then won 200 by the largest margin in global meet history.
          Maybe thats the point.

She wants to use the same formula she used in 07?

Comment

[quote="TrackDaddy"
            Maybe thats the point.
            She wants to use the same formula she used in 07?[/quote]

The problem with this theory is that in 2007 she ran 100 from the blocks at Doha, Reebok and Pre. In 2009 she ran 100 from the blocks in NO meets.
            none

Comment

[quote=Gleason]
              Originally posted by "TrackDaddy"
              Maybe thats the point.
              She wants to use the same formula she used in 07?[/quote

The problem with this theory is that in 2007 she ran 100 from the blocks at Doha, Reebok and Pre. In 2009 she ran 100 from the blocks in NO meets.
              She did run the 4x1 this season however.

And now at trials she'll run a couple of 100 open races.

The speed work wont hurt her since she definitely needs to be close to VCB coming out of the curve.

Comment

[quote="TrackDaddy"
                The speed work wont hurt her since she definitely needs to be close to VCB coming out of the curve.[/quote]

I agree, BUT she ran 10 races at 100 from the blocks before 2007 WCh. IF she makes 2009 USAT&F final, she will need to run SEVEN races in July to equal that.

Her start is so bad at 100 that she passed FOUR sprinters in the last 10 meters at the 2007 USAT&F. By not running Spring 100s and scratching the 400, she seems to be "changing horses in midstream."

I had assumed that she had to emphasize speed because of her studies in 2007. She had six months of base work to prepare for 400/200/4x400 in 2009. IF she had run 400 at USAT&F and failed only T&FN readers would have known. Unless she runs 10.6x & 21.5x, her scratching 400 could have a major negative effect on her career.

I hope that I'm wrong.
                none

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                  Originally posted by skiboo
                  Originally posted by knite
                  And Felix is now out.
                  Does anyone know why?

Another disappointing head-scratcher, with ripples all the way to London.
                  i can assure you that 'London' is only interested in her own lane as always
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

If she is using the 100s as speed, it is much less relevant how much she loses in the start, just ow fast she goes (i.e., the speed matters, not the mark, per se). She also will get some practice on the start which is still important in the 200, just not critical like it is in the 100.

Comment

[quote=Gleason]
                      Originally posted by "TrackDaddy"
                      The speed work wont hurt her since she definitely needs to be close to VCB coming out of the curve.[/quote

I agree, BUT she ran 10 races at 100 from the blocks before 2007 WCh. IF she makes 2009 USAT&F final, she will need to run SEVEN races in July to equal that.

Her start is so bad at 100 that she passed FOUR sprinters in the last 10 meters at the 2007 USAT&F. By not running Spring 100s and scratching the 400, she seems to be "changing horses in midstream."

I had assumed that she had to emphasize speed because of her studies in 2007. She had six months of base work to prepare for 400/200/4x400 in 2009. IF she had run 400 at USAT&F and failed only T&FN readers would have known. Unless she runs 10.6x & 21.5x, her scratching 400 could have a major negative effect on her career.

I hope that I'm wrong.
                      I think she'll be fine, Gleason. I mean she's not running the same number of 100m races but remember last year she didnt run the 200m until trials. So it sounds like she's tweaking things back in the 07 direction a bit for trials. This year she's mostly run 400s and she ran the deuce at Adidas. As knite said it doesnt matter what she does in the 100, she very likely wont run it in Berlin even if she's top 3. As you mentioned she scratched in 07 to concentrate on her deuce and it worked to perfection.

IMO, this is speedwork. She cant be too far behind VCB in the race at 70 meters like she was in Bejing. She's not only working on her start, IMO. She's working on the first 100 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                        If she is using the 100s as speed, it is much less relevant how much she loses in the start, just ow fast she goes (i.e., the speed matters, not the mark, per se). She also will get some practice on the start which is still important in the 200, just not critical like it is in the 100.
                        I agree, 26mi235.

Does your username mean that you ran a marathon in 2h 35minutes before?

Comment

However looking at her competitors, Felix's start in the 200m is very important. She popped right up in Beijing rather than driving out and she never made that distance up on VCB and if she's chasing the hitch seems to come out, just like it did in her close 400 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason

If Allyson has no intentions of running the 400m at Worlds, what would be the point of competing in the 400m at Nationals?
                            on the road

Comment

That's plain silly TD. VCB 2008 was an entirely different creature from Osaka, and if she's as good again this year, she'll double just fine. Methinks you make much too much out of doubling back from the 100. It has been done throughout history by many notables and still is today. VCB won the Athens 200, btw, after winning a 100 medal, or have you forgotten?

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
                                That's plain silly TD. VCB 2008 was an entirely different creature from Osaka, and if she's as good again this year, she'll double just fine. Methinks you make much too much out of doubling back from the 100. It has been done throughout history by many notables and still is today. VCB won the Athens 200, btw, after winning a 100 medal, or have you forgotten?
                                What's silly, running more rounds than your opponent? I'll give the edge to Allyson, who will have less rounds under her belt and as well as her 400m training.
                                on the road

Comment

Working...
                                X