Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    What's silly, running more rounds than your opponent? I'll give the edge to Allyson, who will have less rounds under her belt and as well as her 400m training.
    What is silly is comparing the VCB of 2007 with the woman who ran 21.74 last year.
    She prd in Athens 200 after running the 100 as well. Same with Bolt in Beijing. Running the 100 historically has not been an impediment to doubling at 200.

Comment

Originally posted by skiboo
      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      If VCB doubles in Berlin, then just like in Osaka, Felix becomes the favorite.
      That's plain silly TD. VCB 2008 was an entirely different creature from Osaka, and if she's as good again this year, she'll double just fine. Methinks you make much too much out of doubling back from the 100. It has been done throughout history by many notables and still is today. VCB won the Athens 200, btw, after winning a 100 medal, or have you forgotten?
      What's silly, running more rounds than your opponent? I'll give the edge to Allyson, who will have less rounds under her belt and as well as her 400m training.
      Not to mention....How many Olympic and World champs have Kersee coached....I'm gonna have to yield with his approach over some of the talk in here.

I dunno why everyone is so up in arms, she is all about retaining that title this yr in HER marquee event. She's not taking anything else for granted. Its not about what others want...but what SHE wants.

She's trying to make it known that its hers, VCB was very good last yr, but anyone who thinks that her outstanding run in the Olympic final wasn't aided by her not running the 100m's is not paying attention.

Comment

If Allyson has no intentions of running the 400m at Worlds, what would be the point of competing in the 400m at Nationals?
        I'll give the edge to Allyson, who will have less rounds under her belt and as well as her 400m training.
        That could provide a reason for running the 400 at the nationals.

Comment

If Allyson has no intentions of running the 400m at Worlds, what would be the point of competing in the 400m at Nationals?
          I'll give the edge to Allyson, who will have less rounds under her belt and as well as her 400m training.
          That could provide a reason for running the 400 at the nationals.
          I hope you know that Kersee is the KING of 400m base training...that is something that she does not necessarily need to do in order to have it in her training. All of Kersee's sprinters do 400m training....short sprinters, long sprinters, jumpers and hurdlers...

So don't waorry about her need for the training, because ITS THERE! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by knite

I dunno why everyone is so up in arms, she is all about retaining that title this yr in HER marquee event. She's not taking anything else for granted. Its not about what others want...but what SHE wants.
            Possibly, and still you don't seem to get what it is about the potential matchups between her, Sanya and TBO that gets the fans excited. I hate to tell you, but it is normal for fans to invest some emotion in their favorite athletes and the races that might be.

As someone else pointed out on this thread, it is doubtful it is entirely her decision.

Comment

TD, Yes (a couple of times), although a surprising number of people thought I stopped 150 yards early.

Comment

What is silly is comparing the VCB of 2007 with the woman who ran 21.74 last year.
                She prd in Athens 200 after running the 100 as well. Same with Bolt in Beijing. Running the 100 historically has not been an impediment to doubling at 200.
                I don't believe the comparison was to VCB of 2007, the train of thought was doubling, now you interjected 2007 8-)

Again my money would be on Allyson defeating VCB in the deuce.
                on the road

Comment

I don't believe the comparison was to VCB of 2007, the train of thought was doubling, now you interjected 2007 8-)

Again my money would be on Allyson defeating VCB in the deuce.
                  As much as I want to disagree I can't.... :cry:

VCB not doubling seems unstoppable in the 200

VCB doubling with Allyson NOT doubling.... I see a serious hitch there (and not in AF steps). I still think that its possible for VCB to beat her though, its just going to take a her destroying Felix on that curve.

Thats probably the main reason to AF not attempting the 200/400 double or even the 100/200 double last WC, quite frankly I don't see her winning either is she does the 200/400 double for obvious fatigue reasons, and as for the 100/200 double, I think VCB would have her ticket there.

Comment

DeeDee is listed as declared...I wonder if she's actually running....

Comment

Well I hope SHE doesn't want a possible 200/400 double opportunity in 2012, something she did want in '08, because the chance to hold sway on Olympic scheduling is now gone.
                      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

From what I hear she is.
                        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru

Well I hope SHE doesn't want a possible 200/400 double opportunity in 2012, something she did want in '08, because the chance to hold sway on Olympic scheduling is now gone.
                          Well from the looks of it, SHE is fine with that decision.

Comment

VCB wins the 200 regardless if the doubles and Felix doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                              VCB wins the 200 regardless if the doubles and Felix doesn't.
                              I doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                                Originally posted by texas_speed

From what I hear she is.
                                She hasn't run at all since before Beijing correct? Couldn't imagine her being in the best of shape...

Comment

Working...
                                X